Nervous Stomach Cures: How To Eat Well And Avoid IBS
You have ever suffered from irritable bowel syndrome you will understand that it is no joking matter. You can go from sensation fine to being in agony in no time at all. In fact any sort of stomach pains is something you would rather avoid. If you want to know more about the best ways to keep yourself feeling fine in the food digestion department, please continued reading!
Spleen, the triangular shaped organ does an important job of producing white blood cells to combat infections. It is located in the lower left area of the chest, to the left hand side of the stomach. Damage to this vital organ due to an injury or spleen disorders makes it swollen or enlarged, leading to persistent pain under left rib cage. Mononucleosis (viral illness) and liver disorders (cirrhosis) are some of the factors that can cause spleen enlargement.
- Stomach pain is caused due to intestinal illness, it can be prevented to a great level by following a correct diet.
- Similarly, gastrointestinal disorder can be avoided by consuming healthy food and keeping cleanliness.
- One ought to remember that it is easy to obtain relieved of stomach discomfort, if prompt treatment is undertaken.
- Though stress is becoming an inevitable part of life, there are ways to cope with the ups and downs of life.
- One can conquer stress with the help and support of their loved ones, family, friends, as well as medical help.
- Do not wait till you reach the point of total breakdown.
- It is much better to take a break every now and then from work and go on a short vacation or pursue a hobby.
- Attempt yoga to relax your nerves and eat healthy.
- There should be more time for laughs to keep stress levels as low as possible.
This is a type of inflammatory bowel disease (IBD) that affects the large intestine and rectum. It causes ulcers in the colon, which in turn might give rise to signs such as bloody stool, presence of pus and mucus in the stool, rectal pain, stomach discomfort and cramping, weight loss, diarrhea, urgency to defecate, inability to pass stool despite the urgency to defecate, etc.
Family Health : How to Calm an Upset Stomach
Calm an upset stomach by avoiding solid foods, drinking water and making tea with ginger to help ease the digestive process. Learn a few useful remedies to ...
Try eating regular meals and keeping your mealtimes on a schedule. Eating on the run or missing a meal could throw off your digestive system. Have a look at your diet, and make sure you are eating the right foods. High-fiber foods, such as bran, whole grains and lots of fruits and vegetables, are good choices. It is best to avoid over-processed foods with little fiber. Also avoid large amounts of milk, cheese, meat, fatty foods and refined sugar.
- Food Poisoning Food poisoning is another factor for green defecation.
- Failure of the body to absorb certain parts can lead to its excretion, thereby imparting green color to the stool.
- Excessive intestinal gurgling after a meal indicates that the food isn't totally digested or that too much air has been swallowed during a meal.
- Those who suffer from anxiety are in the habit of swallowing lots of air while consuming, thus they suffer from gurgling and bloating.
. Increase Fluid Intake
Improving digestion is the key to avoid smelly burps. For good digestive health, it is necessary to increase intake of fluids, especially water. Adequate consumption of water helps digestion, which may contribute to decrease the episodes of sulfur burps.
- Colic Colic is the severe or severe stomach discomfort that comes and goes abruptly.
- The specific reason for it is unknown and is commonly seen in babies.
- Extreme weeping is the most typical symptom of colic.
- However, sometimes, symptoms like muscle convulsions in stomach are also observed.
- A healthy child all of a sudden sobbing excessively for no apparent reason signifies colic.
Green bowel movements can also be brought on by some other conditions such as: One need not stress when one observes the symptoms. A change in diet plan can help in reducing the green color. Refraining from artificially colored foods and lowering the quantity of iron consumption will likewise help. However, if you experience abdominal pain or pain, general despair, weight reduction, irregularity, diarrhea, fever, etc., along with green bowel movements, then, there is the need to go to the healthcare company. It is much better to get the condition checked clinically and validated that it's not being brought on by some major health problem. Moreover, if you are on some antibiotic treatments and you have green bowel movements, then you ought to inform your medical practitioner of the same.
Stomach Ulcers: If you are suffering from stomach ulcers, you may experience a dull and gnawing, burning like feeling in stomach which is sudden in its occurrence. The pain becomes extreme if you are surviving on an empty stomach and may be temporarily relieved after eating. Other symptoms experienced during this condition are nausea, vomiting, heartburn, indigestion, dark stools, and gas.
Digestive Problems in Older Children
Constipation: In this condition, kids have infrequent bowel movements. Its symptoms are hard stools, which are difficult to pass. Stool withholding, absence of fiber in diet, and side effects of medicines are the most common causes of constipation. Constipation in children can be relieved and routine bowel movements can be brought back by including lots of fiber-rich foods in their diet.
So, what is a nervous breakdown exactly? It can be called a symptom of a particular psychiatric condition. This condition is seen as an intense emotional or mental collapse of a person. The individual develops loss of interest in all activities. He/she experiences signs such as confusion, disorientation, uncontrollable crying, etc. The individual may also lose his self-confidence and self-esteem. In extreme cases, catatonic posturing is seen. In this condition, the person is not able to move. Nervous breakdown is a term that we have the tendency to use loosely in our daily lives. For example, you might hear a student say, 'I almost had a nervous breakdown the minute I heard I might not be able to get into the school's basketball team!. This statement implies a state of 'anxiety' or 'sudden panic' one experiences.
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS): IBS is a gastrointestinal disorder that causes temporary damage to the large intestine.
- In this condition, increased mucus production by the mucous membrane located in the intestine is observed.
- Excess mucus may trickle down to the urethra, which will be eventually visible in the urine.
- Gastroenteritis, or stomach flu, is caused due to a swelling of the stomach due to parasites.
- There are 2 types of gastroenteritis, viral and bacterial.
- Eating infected food and water can trigger gastroenteritis.
- It is more common in young adults and old individuals.
- Stomach discomfort, queasiness, diarrhea, vomiting, and dehydration are its symptoms.
The abdomen is an area of the body that houses the stomach, liver, appendix, and some other important organs. It has the ribs on the top and the pelvis at the bottom. Abdominal pain is a common occurrence, and nearly every specific struggles with it once in their lifetime. However, frequent or acute pain should not be taken lightly, and immediate medical attention must be sought. Left side abdominal pain can occur due to a number of reasons. It could be triggered due to injury to the organs, like the spleen, stomach, blood vessels, and nerves on the left side of the abdominal area, or the left element of paired organs, like the kidney, ureters, adrenal gland, ovary, etc. Additionally, such pain might also indicate some serious disease or infection.
- Spastic colon is a common disorder of the bowel portion, which triggers signs like, pain in the abdomen and irregular bowel movements.
- Popularly referred to as irritable bowel syndrome (IBS), it is associated with repeated contractions of the small and large intestinal muscles.
- Despite the fact that there is no cure, the condition can be combated with effective medication and dietary modifications.
Stomach enzymes also play a crucial function in the breakdown of animal proteins. Nevertheless, if there is inadequate secretion of stomach enzymes, the burden of protein metabolic process falls totally on gut bacteria. In such scenarios likewise, hydrogen sulfide is exceedingly produced. This not just causes sulfur burps but is often accompanied by foul-smelling flatulence.
Consumption of food and water that is contaminated with bacterial contaminants or parasitic worms can lead to food poisoning. Infection of the intestinal tract by bacterial agents such as Salmonella, Campylobacter, Yersinia, Shigella, Escherichia coli, etc., may lead to digestive tract problems. Signs of food poisoning include abdominal cramps, stomach pain, fever, watery diarrhea, nausea, vomiting, etc.
- You are a follower of the taste and consistency of Greek yogurt, it can be an essential part to weight management.
- Its higher protein product will keep you complete longer.
- The lesser sugar is a great choice for diabetics and others looking to decrease sugar consumption.
- Unintentionally eating contaminated food or following incorrect food habits can cause disorders of the stomach.
- Abdominal pain, diarrhea, queasiness, vomiting, etc., are the common symptoms of gastrointestinal or digestive system diseases.
- If you too experience these symptoms, there might be a possibility of the following factors.
In some cases, cysts are formed in the ovaries in females, much better known as ovarian cysts. Existence of cysts in the left ovary causes mild to severe left side abdominal pain. Many-a-times, surgical treatment is carried out to remove the cysts from the ovary. Ovarian cyst is one of the mot common cause of left side abdominal pain in females.
Ulcers Ulcers are essentially open wounds that develop on the inner walls of the intestines. Initially, the pain is knowledgeable somewhere around the belly button and without any treatment the pain spreads and affects the whole abdominal location. Ulcers trigger internal bleeding, causing pain in the belly button region.
Treatment and Medication
There is no particular diagnostic method for discovering this condition. Hence diagnosis of irritable bowel syndrome is carried out in the reverse manner in which, by ruling out other health conditions that mimic spastic colon symptoms. For verification, the doctor may conduct laboratory tests such as abdominal X-ray, blood test, rectal exam, colonoscopy, and urinalysis.
Unrestrained consumption of alcohol affects the liver and is also bad for health. By the time the signs of ALD surface, one may already be in an advanced stage of the disease. It is best to drink in moderation and have a healthy diet as obesity has been found to increase the risk of alcoholic liver disease among heavy drinkers.
Bacterial Infections and Bowel Obstruction
There are different types of bacterial infection such as salmonella, shigella, and yersinia, etc., that can infect the mucous membrane of intestine. Such infection can cause excessive mucus to pass with stool. Bowel obstruction problems such as irregularity can lead to the presence of mucus in stools. They are also accompanied by severe abdominal cramps, fever, and throwing up.
Diet can Also Play an Important Role
IBS patients may benefit from eating smaller meals at more frequent periods. Foods that are low in fat and high in fiber are beneficial to keeping the intestine healthy. Dietary fiber includes bulk to stools making them larger and softer and easier to pass, thus reducing the pain associated with bowel movements.
- So, now you learn about the stomach problems caused by stress and how to cure them.
- After reading this article you probably know that there may be something else causing your indigestion instead of a bit of extra pizza!