Bowel Conquering Irritable Syndrome: Waist Pain on the Left Side
Wondering what causes waist pain? Left side waist pain is typically a common phenomenon. You can better understand the answer to this question if you understand what organs and structures are located in this particular region of the body.
The presence of ovarian cysts in women causes their stomach to swell. During the menstrual cycle, the follicle consists of a fluid-filled cyst that encloses an ovum. If in a cycle, the follicle grows larger than normal and does not rupture to launch the ovum, it is called an ovarian cyst. This condition usually gets resolved over a period of time with the help of simple medical attention. Nevertheless, in some it has to be surgically removed.
Diarrhea Diarrhea is a stomach problem in which the stools become extremely watery and their frequency increases considerably. If a tight stomach is accompanied by symptoms such as, loose stools, stomach pain, headaches, nausea, fever and blood in stools, the reason could be diarrhea.
Why Doesnt My Doctor Know This Conquering Irritable Bowel Syndrome Inflammatory Bowel Disease Crohns
Ulcer. They can be simply defined as areas of tissue erosion. The causative agents are smoking, stress, and bacterial infection. They may happen in the lining of the gastrointestinal tract. If the left side is affected, then it may lead to moderate to severe pain. The region with the ulcer is usually concave in shape since of tissue erosion.
Reduce consumption of high-protein foods, and focus more on eating fresh high-fiber foods. These easy dietary changes can help to decrease production of hydrogen sulfide, in turn lowering the rotten egg odor from your burps. Sugary products, like pastries, cakes, and chocolates, should also be avoided to prevent bouts of sulfur burps.
- Sciatica The sciatic nerve is the largest single nerve in the lower spinal cord.
- In case the disks of the spinal cord get herniated, it compresses the sciatic nerve, and puts pressure on it.
- This leads to a sharp shooting pain along the lower back.
- Changes in Bowel Movements: It is one of the most striking colon spasm sign that can help one diagnose the colon spasm in the earlier stage.
- An individual's bowel practice may get altered.
- For instance, a person may feel the urge to defecate at unusual timings, unlike earlier.
- In some cases, some individuals may suffer from excessive tough stools or loose stools.
When it comes to curing common ailments, we run helter-skelter to look for nonprescription medication. Very few of us actually go for natural solutions that are undoubtedly more reliable and provide immediate relief. Talking about natural options to some common diseases and one simply can not forget to mention about peppermint oil capsules. The essential oil is extracted from the plant and when taken in supplemental kind may help to treat a wide range of medical problems, as discovered through initial studies.
By taking certain medicines and altering the eating habits a person may get some relief from colon spasm symptoms. Those suffering from constipation or difficult stools ought to drink lots of water and include various fruits and vegetables in the day-to-day diet. Doctors generally advise to go for a high fiber diet in order to alleviate the constipation. On the other hand, people suffering from diarrhea are asked to follow a balanced diet along with lots of water. They are advised to stay away from junk food and fried foods, etc. In severe cases, clients are prescribed drugs and medicines that can alleviate the pain and swelling associated to colon spasm and bring it back to the normal functioning.
Diseases of the Digestive System
Acid reflux disease (GERD), hiatal hernia, irritable bowel syndrome (IBS), etc., are a few of the most common diseases of the gastrointestinal system. The prominent disease-causing parasites in human are Campylobacter, Salmonella and Helicobacter. The following is a list of digestion system illness.
From a physiological perspective, IBS can sometimes develop through exaggerated contractions of the muscles in the digestive tract walls; after an intestinal infection; through certain food intolerances; a lack of dietary fibre; and through consuming meals at irregular intervals.
- Large Intestine It is the lowest part of the intestinal tract.
- Its functions are absorbing water and passing the waste product out of the body.
- It starts at the cecum and ends at the anus.
As you can see, many of these Irritable Bowel Syndrome causes can be avoided and isn't it worth it to perhaps save you a painful condition for the rest of your life? If you cut out what you can, chances are evading a case of IBS will not be the only positive result you experience.
- Tortuous Sigmoid Colon Also known as redundant colon, here, the colon is longer than it is supposed to be.
- Often times, due to the bigger size, the sigmoid colon tends to twist and causes blockages resulting in pain.
Medicines If you are frequently taking sulfur-containing medicines or sulfa drugs that are commonly used as antibiotics, then there is a higher chance of you struggling with sulfur burps. When you buy any medication, analyze the prescription label properly. In case you notice the word 'sulfur' in any of the ingredients, taking that medication can certainly give you those bad-smelling burps.
This is one of the significant causes of pelvic pain in women. Ectopic pregnancy is an irregularity or complication in pregnancy that occurs when the fertilized egg is placed in any other place, than the uterine wall. The exact cause of ectopic pregnancy is unknown, but, it can be lethal, if not diagnosed and treated immediately.
A low-fat diet is often recommended to control IBS. As fried foods are high in saturated fats, they can not be included in low-fat diet. Be it french fries, potato chips or fried chicken, they are loaded with saturated fats, thus can aggravate IBS.
Irritable bowel syndrome or IBS is a common problem of the modern society. People who are inflicted with it may feel colic, belching, bloating, heaviness in abdomen, frequent urge to go to toilet, repeating constipation or diarrhoea. All the time the patient is anxious to brood over the matter that he has been suffering from a serious ailment. But it is absolutely a wrong idea. IBS is easy problem that can be treated successfully with the help of ayurveda.IBS clients are generally anxious hence they need proper counselling and they need to be treated with correct affection and care. It is noted in some cases that the members of the family of the patient never ever try to take the problem of the affected person seriously and turn a deaf ear to his problems as a result the patient suffers from severe anxiety and the disorder get the better of him. Women are frequent victims of IBS but adult males can be affected too.
What is Nervous Breakdown?
Nervous breakdown is not a medical term. It is not a disease by itself. It is just a figurative expression used by a common person to explain a larger issue. The major depressive episode can have similar symptoms of the characteristics of a breakdown. While DSM-IV (psychiatric classification system) or ICD-10 have terms like a psychiatric break, post-traumatic stress disorder, maniac break, panic attack, etc., the term nervous breakdown is absent from any scientific literature related to mental illnesses.
- Tightness in stomach can be described as an abdominal discomfort felt on account of stomach pain, stomach cramping or perhaps stomach bloating.
- It is very difficult to pinpoint what exactly is a tight stomach, as different individuals experience it in different ways.
Hard bowel movements are typically an outcome of a condition called constipation. Most of you might be familiar with this term and it's signs. In this condition, the stool ends up being tough, lumpy and dry. When the stool stays in the intestinal system for more than 2 Days, the fluid it includes is reabsorbed by the body. This causes it to become hard, dry and hard to pass from the body. Irregularity tends to become chronic if not dealt within time, where in exceptionally serious cases, it might cause discomfort and bleeding while passing stool. For the most parts, all it takes are a couple of home remedies to treat this problem. However, in more serious cases, it is essential to go to a medical professional and comprehend the origin of the problem. Here, we have a look at the causes, effects and treatment for this issue.
You could also have a talk with a nutritionist who can give you the right advice regarding this subject. What this person usually does is to remove from your diet all foods that are known to cause this problem and present them to your diet one after the other. This will help the food nutrition expert to figure out which foods are causing the problem in your case. It is absolutely necessary to get personalized service for your issue else you will never be free of this condition which is in any case incurable.
Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
Irritable bowel syndrome is the most common gastrointestinal tract problem. It is characterized by abnormal gut contraction. The identifying symptoms are pain in the abdominal area, flatulence, passage of mucus coated stools, abdominal cramping, and irregular bowel movements. All the given signs of IBS are normally accompanied with alternating constipation and diarrhea.
Tightness of stomach, nausea, bloating in pregnancy is quite common as long as it is not severe. If the conditions become severe, i.e., stomach pain during pregnancy as well as discomfort in stomach becomes serious, it is advised to seek advice from an obstetrician immediately. Tightness in stomach caused due to an injury can be cured by resting the stomach and avoiding any activity which puts undue pressure on the stomach muscles.
- By going through the above account, you may have gotten an idea of the various health problems associated with waist pain.
- The provided list includes just some of the common causes, and so is incomplete.
- Only a doctor can determine and tell you the exact underlying cause.
- For that reason, it is always a good idea to consult a medical practitioner in case of consistently extreme pain.
- Colonic massage is another very efficient technique to obtain rid of IBS.
- It works wonders in case of infant and kids as it relieves colic discomforts and assists them to pass gas and stool easily.
- Other parasite symptoms also include the irritable bowel syndrome leads to a host of other conditions.
- Sometimes the irritable bowel syndrome also leads to heavy stools.
- Joint and muscle pains are also common parasite signs.
- The pain is quiet similar to that of arthritis.
- It also results in tissue damage and in some cases it effects the proper functioning of immune system.
- Other parasite symptoms also lead to loss of blood or anemia to develop within the body.
Tightness in stomach caused due to irritable bowel syndrome, also referred to as spastic colon, can be cured by following a spastic colon diet. Foods containing magnesium, such as green leafy vegetables, foods abundant in folic acid, such as whole wheat breads and cereals, foods rich in vitamin B6, such as beans, peas and carrots, should be undertaken.
The left lower side of your body, you would find lower end of the left kidney, left ureter, part of the descending large bowel, sigmoid colon, a part of the urinary bladder, left ovary and tube and the large blood vessels and nerves.
Intake of Gas Formation Foods
Those suffering from pot belly, due to excessive digestive tract gas, have to modify their diet. There are certain foods that can worsen this problem, as they are notorious for producing gas in the stomach. Exclusion of these gassy foods from the diet plan, can surely provide relief from excess gas build up. Some of the gas-producing foods that have to be avoided are cabbage, cauliflower and broccoli.
Celiac disease is caused due to gluten or wheat intolerance in which the lining of the small intestinal system can not tolerate the presence of gluten, hence digestion gets severely affected. This, in turn leads to diarrhea-- stool that has a greenish-blue color which also smells nasty.
According to ayurveda not to sleep at noon and making late nights are strictly prohibited. The patient is asked not to watch TV for an extended time. They must take light workout daily and all negative thoughts must be driven away from the mind. Light yogic exercises and relaxation methods should be followed.
- Osteoporosis It is a condition which causes the bones to become weak and brittle.
- This causes the bones to fracture frequently and undergo compression, leading to a condition called kyphosis.
- This condition causes the abnormal curving of the spinal column, which in turn affects the nerves, thereby causing great pain.
Small Intestine It is the longest part of the alimentary canal which helps in the food digestion of food and the absorption of nutrients.
Pancreatitis This condition is marked by inflammation of the pancreas, a glandular organ that secretes enzymes to promote digestion. As the organ is located to the rear of the stomach, one may experience belly button discomfort due to medical conditions like pancreatitis. Other symptoms associated with pancreatitis include nausea, vomiting, indigestion and radiating belly button discomfort that aggravates after having meals. The pain associated with stomach flu or ulcers is usually not continuous but tends to come and go.
Remedies for IBS
If you're wondering about irritable bowel syndrome treatments, you ought to know that what works for one person may do very little for another. Solutions are highly individualized. For individuals with distinct dietary triggers, the condition may be managed entirely with diet. If stress is a significant trigger, better stress management is key. In general, keeping away from trigger foods, getting lots of exercise, and remaining hydrated are good ways to deal with this issue. If you're still not sure what solutions, you may want to check this out - great information, click here.
Papaya Enzyme Supplements
Papaya enzyme supplements come in the form of tablets and powder. They are generally produced by collecting the latex from the papaya fruit. The latex is either allowed to dry on the fruit itself, or to drip inside a container suspended from the fruit. Once it dries and becomes crude, it is purified in order to get rid of contaminants in it. The purified enzyme is ultimately made available in the form of papain tablets or powder.
- Hope this article has made one thing clear in your mind, that you should not get alarmed when your period is delayed.
- As you can see, the medical problems responsible for missed duration require proper treatment.
- On the other hand, for the non medical reasons, changes in lifestyle can bring back the normal cycle.
Treatment For treating a tight stomach caused due to wrong kind of eating habits, avoiding spicy, oily foods and eating in moderation is the key. Eating a well-balanced diet with high fiber foods, help in reducing the gas, burping and the stomach tightness symptoms. Drinking lots of fluids including 10-12 glasses of water each day, helps in making the digestive process faster and thus, reduces the tightness in stomach. Exercising everyday is the key to better digestion and basic overall health, so form a routine of the very same, as soon as possible.
Getting Rid of Sulfur Burps
Medications Taking Pepto-Bismol tablets can work wonders to cure sulfur burps. The medication helps in soaking up hydrogen sulfide from the colon, which works to alleviate the condition. Its ability to soak up hydrogen sulfide has made it one of the most sought-after remedy for sulfur burps. One can also use Mylanta, an antacid, to get rid of these bad-smelling burps. Medications, such as Zegerid, Prevacid, and Prilosec, that help to reduce the production of stomach acids, may also help to stop this problem. All these medications are developed to alleviate symptoms of heartburn and relieve indigestion.
- Symptoms: Serious pain is particularly experienced on the right side of the abdomen as the appendix lies there.
- Other symptoms like fever, throwing up, anorexia nervosa, queasiness, diarrhea, etc., are also observed.
- Colostomy The surgical procedure that involves connecting a part of the colon onto the anterior wall of the abdomen is called colostomy.
- This is done in case of severe damage to the bowel.
- The purpose of this surgery is to form an opening called stoma at the end of the big intestine.
- After colostomy, feces leave the patient's body through the abdomen.
- The colostomy can be either temporary or permanent relying on the reasons behind this surgery.
- The stoma can be permanent in case of bowel cancer or serious injury.
- It is short-lived in case of bowel infection, stab or injuries, or inflammation.
- Colostomy is required in illness such as Crohn's disease, bowel cancer, blocked bowel, diverticulitis, or a serious injury to the bowel.
Stress Food allergies Hormone changes (like menopause, for example) Genetics Numerous cases develop after gastroenteritis (stomach flu) Poor diet plan (processed, high sugar foods).
- Get more information on ayurvedic treatment for irritable bowel syndrome.
- Check out this link for more ayurveda treatments for common diseases. "
- Sigmoid Volvulus It is a condition wherein the sigmoid colon twists upon itself and results in obstruction.
- Many a time, this has to be corrected through medical help.
Keep in mind, yellow bowel movement is related with indigestion of food. With lifestyle modifications such as regular exercise, these digestive issues can be removed. However, defecating black stools can not be ignored as it is an indicator of internal bleeding which requires immediate medical treatment.
- Crohn's disease is another type of inflammatory bowel disease that could affect any part of the gastrointestinal tract.
- Genetic or immunological factors could be responsible for causing this condition.
- The chronic inflammation of the affected part of the intestinal tract could be due to an abnormal immune response to a bacterium or a virus.
- While the presence of blood in stool could be an indication of this condition, at times stool may also contain mucous.
- This might take place when the affected individuals develop anal cracks (tear in the lining of the rectum).
- Other symptoms that might be experienced by people affected by this condition include:
Why Does Your Stomach Feel Tight?
The problem could be due to. Wrong Eating Habits People who delight in overeating often experience discomfort in stomach after eating. Eating foods which are very hot or oily, can lead to this condition. Eating at wrong times, such as late nights or in the middle of the night, can sometimes cause abdominal pain too. Excessive consumption of alcohol is another cause behind this.
Abdominal pain and cramps Constipation Diarrhea Rectal pain Weight reduction Crohn's Disease
- To learn more on probiotics diarrhea, constipation, and IBS, turn to David Nash.
- He composes articles on the best probiotic evaluations, natural remedies, and checks out lactobacillus acidophilus to assist customers stay notified.