Zelnorm Recall Info: Diarrhea After Eating Greasy Food
When we are invited for a function or to someone's place, we are typically served oily food. Because we are talking nineteen to a dozen, we end up consuming far more food than we usually do. However, there are individuals who are unable to absorb specific oily and fatty foods and they struggle with diarrhea. This condition may be caused due to a variety of reasons. If this condition is observed on a variety of circumstances, then this condition needs to not be disregarded and a physician needs to be sought advice from.
Your colon is the primary waste elimination system for your body and, while it is a highly effective system, there can be times when it decreases. Constipation occurs if the colon absorbs excessive water or if your colon muscles' contractions are sluggish or slow and your stool moves too slowly through it. When you experience irregularity there are a number of actions you can take to reduce this situation.
- Meckel's Diverticulum: This is a congenital abnormality.
- It is a small bulge at the lower portion of the small intestine.
- It can lead to symptoms like abdominal pain, gastrointestinal bleeding, etc
Urinary Tract Infection.
Bacteria may also cause infection in the urinary tract leading to discomfort in the area. Urge to check out the lavatory every couple of minutes to urinate, noticing traces of blood with the urine being foamy in nature, and experiencing a stinging throb while passing urine define the symptoms of a urinary tract infection.
- Kidney Stones Kidney stones can originate in either of the kidneys and cause pain in them.
- Pain in the left one symbolizes stone in the left kidney.
- The pain normally starts from the back and spreads to the front.
- Gas in the Colon Also known as the splenic flexure syndrome, it is another cause of pain under the left rib cage.
- Extreme gas gets caught in the colon and it causes pain and discomfort.
Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS): It is characterized by a wide variety of symptoms like abdominal pain, abdominal cramps, bloating, diarrhea, constipation, etc
Case there are foods which are clearly recommended to be taken as part of the IBS Diet Plan, you will also find some type of meal that it notifies people to protect against. Yeast, flour and abnormal sweeteners in baked items are really a big no-no while you are with this diet plan hence it is best to avoid baked goods for the time-span. Dairy products (with the exception of eggs) are also not allowed. Caffeine, products which have been fermented, dried fruits, alcohol, soda, peanuts as well as other nuts, hot and spicy food items, junk food, junk food - all of these are not allowed to be eaten for all those on the IBS Diet Plan.
May sound like quite a lot to protect yourself from and a lot to keep your focus on, nonetheless sticking with the principle aspects of the IBS Diet Plan can help a great deal in establishing your overall health when experiencing irritable bowel syndrome.
- This is not an exhaustive list).
- Appendicitis: It is the inflammation of the appendix.
- It is a serious condition, which requires immediate surgical removal of the appendix.
- Accidentally eating contaminated food or following wrong food habits can cause disorders of the stomach.
- Abdominal pain, diarrhea, queasiness, throwing up, etc., are the common symptoms of gastrointestinal or digestive system diseases.
- If you too experience these symptoms, there may be a possibility of the following reasons.
- Treatment: It is important to speak with a doctor if you experience such symptoms.
- Medication may assist in the condition, but if left untreated for long, it might need surgical intervention.
- Jaundice: It is caused due to excessive building up of bilirubin in blood.
- It is easily identified as the skin turns visibly yellowish.
- Liver Abscesses: It is formation of pus in the liver.
- It can be a potentially deadly condition.
- Excessive intestinal gurgling after a meal indicates that the food isn't completely digested or that too much air has been swallowed during a meal.
- Those who suffer from anxiety are in the habit of swallowing lots of air while eating, for this reason they suffer from gurgling and bloating.
Heartburn or Acid Reflux
Another common but less severe cause of pain under the left rib cage is heartburn or acid reflux. It is often caused when you consume too much acidic food or drinks. It often gives a bloated sensation and a sharp pain that seems like chest ache.
Pneumothorax Pneumothorax is a condition where the lung ruptures due to a tear in the lung membrane, and air leaks out and fills the cavity between the lungs and the rib cage.
Liver Cancer: It is cancer that originates in the liver or spreads from other parts to the liver. It is also known as hepatic cancer. Liver Failure: Liver failure, or hepatic failure, is the damage of liver caused due to hepatitis, cirrhosis, use of certain drugs and medication, etc. It can be acute or chronic.
WTXF 2007-04-05 7AM Zelnorm Interview
Diarrhea *. Bloating stomach * More Info. Gas *. Constipation *. Stomach pain and cramps *. You may have some or all of these symptoms, but you can't simply find relief for them. You need to get to the root of the problem in order to get real relief. When you add probiotic supplements, IBS can get the right support so that you can feel better for good. * There are a lot of different causes of IBS, but many people have found that natural remedies like probiotic supplements can supply ongoing diarrhea, gas, bloating, and constipation relief. * Find out more on constipation relief. *.
Intestinal Obstruction: The mechanical or functional clog of the intestinal tract that prevents or obstructs the passage of products of food digestion in all kinds like gas, fluid and solids is called as digestive tract, or bowel blockage. The blockage can happen at any part of the intestine such as the duodenum, colon, etc. Progressive treatment or, sometimes, surgery is required to correct the condition. Digestive tract blockage can trigger moderate to sharp pain in the back on the left side after eating food.
Foods that Cause Diarrhea
If food is left in the refrigerator for one or more days, consuming it often triggers diarrhea. The germs which builds up on food is invisible to the human eye, but it triggers moderate gastrointestinal disorder. If food has been saved for more than 3 days, it is much better discarded, as it has become an abode for bacteria.
Set of guidelines referred to as the Rome criteria (created to identify IBS and other gastrointestinal disorders) states that a person needs to have these GI disruptions for a minimum of 3 days a week for 3 months to be considered as dealing with IBS. Ladies are most likely to get affected by this condition than men and it has also been found that the illness runs in households. Numerous aspects can trigger IBS, like gastrointestinal disorder, infections, and mental aspects.
- Hemorrhoids: It is a condition characterized by swollen veins in the anal region.
- Hemorrhoids or stacks can be internal or external, and can be painful.
- Gastric Cancer (Stomach cancer): As the name suggests, it happens when cancerous cells grow in the stomach.
- It is difficult to identify at an early stage as its symptoms are similar to other digestive system illness.
- Cystic Fibrosis: It is a genetic disorder, affecting the digestive system and lungs.
- When suffering from this disease, the mucus becomes thick and can block airways, tubes, and ducts.
- Cholestasis: It occurs due to improper bile formation or bile flow.
- Causes include alcoholic liver disease, pancreatitis, cancer of pancreas, hepatitis, etc
Stomach Ulcers: If you are suffering from stomach ulcers, you may experience a dull and gnawing, burning like sensation in stomach which is sudden in its occurrence. The pain becomes severe if you are surviving on an empty stomach and may be temporarily relieved after eating. Other symptoms experienced during this condition are queasiness, vomiting, heartburn, indigestion, dark stools, and gas.
Treatment: For reducing the swelling in the digestive tract as well as for providing relief from cramps due to Crohn's disease, anti-inflammatory drugs such as mesalamine, sulfasalazine and corticosteroids are recommended. Specific antibiotics such as ciprofloxacin and metronidazole are also suggested. Vitamin B-12 shots, calcium, vitamin D supplements and iron supplements are also given along with these medicines. If the condition still fails to fix by itself, then a surgery, which might include eliminating a certain part of the digestive tract, is recommended as the last resort.
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS): IBS is a gastrointestinal disorder that causes temporary damage to the large intestine.
- In this condition, increased mucus production by the mucous membrane located in the intestine is observed.
- Excess mucus may trickle down to the urethra, which will be eventually visible in the urine.
There are Certain Parasite Such as Protozoa Which Often Leads to Diarrhoea
There is generally a loss of sodium and chloride loss which results in diarrhoea. The diarrhea leads to infection in the body. Some parasites also have the tendency to thrive in the upper small intestine which also leads to gas and bloating. The problem ends up being more acute when things which are difficult o digest are being taken. This kind of acute gastrointestinal problems can sometime happen for a number of months.
Diet can Also Play an Important Role
IBS sufferers may take advantage of eating smaller meals at more frequent intervals. Foods that are low in fat and high in fiber are beneficial to keeping the intestine healthy. Dietary fiber includes bulk to stools making them larger and softer and simpler to pass, thus reducing the pain associated with bowel movements.
- Spleen Irritation Sometimes, pain under the left rib cage may be caused due to tear or burst of the spleen.
- Discomfort in the extreme ends of the shoulders may also be a sign of spleen rupture.
- Common cases, abdominal pain is caused due to indigestion, bloating, etc.
- Back pain is usually associated with stress, muscle pull, etc.
- Now, if you experience stomach pain and pain in the back together, it is definitely a cause of concern.
- Treatment: Avoiding food that causes indigestion is recommended.
- You can also try leaning on the back of a chair to get rid of the trapped gases.
- Antacid tablets, in addition to dietary changes, will assist in the condition.
Colitis: It is the Inflammation of the Colon
It can be severe or chronic. Constipation: It is a condition where a person has a trouble in passing stools as they are hard and dry. Irregularity is also characterized by passing stools less than three times a week.
To be Assured of Its Symptoms, It Happens Differently With the Various Personalities
It depends from person to person. It can adversely be a lifelong condition causing some people to lose their potential of working, travelling, performing any social work and involving in any other activates. Nevertheless, its primary signs are the fullness, gas, blotting and abdominal pain etc. that will go for three days or numerous months. The people suffering from IBS can alternatively switch to diarrhea and irregularities.
People, suffering from diarrhea, face frequent loose, watery stools and one who suffers from constipation will have a hard time passing stool, as well as less bowel movements. They can not discharge any stool or only a small amount. On the consultation of your physician for the treatment of IBS, the physicians might check on the basis of the signs you explain to him or the pathological test or no test. Specifically there is no any certain test for checking the IBS and ultimately if doctor ask you for blood test, it is nothing but only to make it clear if you have celiac disease or a low blood count (anemia) or stool test to be made sure about the infections.
Treatment: this Condition Needs Immediate Medical Intervention
Usually, surgery is the only option. Irritable Bowel Syndrome Irritable bowel syndrome is a common cause of pain under the left rib cage. It is caused by overeating or lack of fiber-rich foods, and enough water in the diet. In this condition, the digestive organs are affected as they are not able to produce digestive enzymes that help in the breaking down of food into simple substances. It interferes with the regular bowel movement by causing constipation or diarrhea. Other signs of this condition are bloating and cramps in the intestine.
- Alcoholic Liver Disease: As the name suggests, it is caused due to excess consumption of alcohol.
- The different types of alcoholic liver disease are alcoholic cirrhosis, alcoholic fatty liver disease, and alcoholic hepatitis.
Abdominal pain - varying in seriousness, from mild to excruciating, is the most common sign of IBS. Association of this sign with different other symptoms assists in distinguishing the discomfort of IBS from that of other diseases.
So, we see that pain under the left rib cage can be caused due to various reasons, from gastric problems to inflammation of cartilage or other severe medical conditions. Depending on the cause, the treatment will differ. If you are experiencing any of these symptoms, you ought to consult a doctor immediately. A timely diagnosis will help you to exact the cause, get effective treatment and prevent future issues.
- Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus: This is a type of staph, it being an antibiotic-resistant bacterium.
- Symptoms of bacterial infection include sepsis, necrotic pneumonia, and toxic shock syndrome.
- Also regarded as pinkeye, this condition includes symptoms, such as redness, swelling, and irritation in the eye.
- Besides, you may also experience crusting around the eye, especially after you wake up in the morning.
- Your eyes would feel chapped, moisture lacking, and lucifugal, too.
Symptoms Connected With Gas
Various medical conditions might trigger excessive gas in the digestive tract. These consist of indigestion, inflammatory bowel illness, irritable bowel syndrome, irregularity, malabsorption, gastroenteritis, celiac disease, little bowel overgrowth syndrome, etc. The signs accompanying gas discomfort would therefore vary, depending on the underlying cause. Here are some of the symptoms that are typically related to the accumulation of gas.
Treatment: In case of a mild costochondritis, non-steroidal, anti-inflammatory drugs like ibuprofen or aspirin can help. If the condition in chronic or serious, then opioid drugs like hydrocodone or oxycodone, or antidepressant medication like amitriptyline, may be used. It is a good idea to take plentiful of rest and restrain from any difficult activity while recovering from this condition.
- Though stress is becoming an inevitable part of life, there are ways to cope with the ups and downs of life.
- One can overcome stress with the help and support of their loved ones, family, friends, as well as medical help.
- Do not wait till you reach the point of total breakdown.
- It is better to take a break every now and then from work and go on a brief getaway or pursue a hobby.
- Try yoga to calm your nerves and eat healthy.
- There must be more time for laughs to keep tension levels as low as possible.
Treatment: Taking Antacids and Other Drugs to Reduce Stomach Acid can be of Help
Avoiding hot and spicy food is a must. Diverticulitis. Diverticulitis is characterized by small, bulging sacs or pouches of the inner lining of the intestine (diverticulosis) that become infected. It generally affects elderly people, about the age of 60. People struggling with it experience bloating, constipation and pain under the lower chest.
- Hiatal Hernia: It occurs when a part of stomach protrudes upwards through the diaphragm.
- It is commonly observed in older people.
- Treatment: Antibiotics prescribed by a physician can heal the ulcer and help to get relieved of the symptoms.
- Constipation and Indigestion
- Inguinal Hernia: It occurs when a part of the abdominal cavity protrudes through the inguinal canal.
- It causes a bulge in the region which can be painful.
Usage of food and water that is contaminated with bacterial toxins or parasitic worms can lead to food poisoning. Infection of the intestinal tract by bacterial agents such as Salmonella, Campylobacter, Yersinia, Shigella, Escherichia coli, etc., might lead to digestive tract problems. Symptoms of food poisoning include abdominal cramps, abdominal discomfort, fever, watery diarrhea, queasiness, vomiting, etc.
All women experience symptoms of menstrual cramping. Lower abdominal and lower back pain are the most significant symptoms of menstruation. Although this is a non-serious condition, you ought to keep an eye out for other signs and speak with the doctor if symptoms like nausea, vomiting, etc., are observed.
- Indigestion: Also known as dyspepsia, it is a condition caused due to problem in digesting food.
- It is a sign of a number of other diseases.
- Treatment: Proper diet and avoiding food that causes indigestion and constipation would help in alleviating the discomfort.
- High fiber diet is recommended if you are suffering from constipation.
- Despite numerous efforts by researchers worldwide to discover a conclusive cause of IBS, it remains unknown.
- Particular food groups and compounds aggravate the symptoms of IBS in the majority of people.
- These consist of alcohol, caffeine-containing compounds, dairy products, fried foods, and foods with a high fat content.
- Treatment: This condition can be treated by medications like Lansoprazole, Esomeprazole or Dexlansoprazole.
- It is also a good idea to avoid food that causes heartburn or acid reflux.
Fixing Your Constipation
If you still need to understand more about irregularity, then it might be because you want to enhance your scenario. There are a couple of popular treatments for your issue, consisting of stool conditioners, laxatives, fiber supplements, and colon cleanses. A colon cleanse forces debris from the colon, where it becomes stool. This helps reduce the debris you have in your gastrointestinal system, while still offering you a defecation. The lots of remedies for irregularity aid with your signs and minimize those symptoms.
Ulcers Ulcers are basically open wounds that develop on the inner walls of the intestines. Initially, the pain is experienced somewhere around the belly button and without any treatment the pain spreads and affects the entire abdominal area. Ulcers trigger internal bleeding, causing discomfort in the belly button region.
Causes: Weak Spots May Form in the Wall If a Person Often Lifts Heavy Objects
Those who are overweight are at a danger. Those who have to strain during bowel movement are also susceptible. In case of women, weak spots can form on the abdominal wall during pregnancy and childbirth.
- Liver Cirrhosis: It is caused when healthy tissues of the liver are replaced by scar tissues.
- Scarring is a gradual non-reversible condition.
Reasons for Pain Under the Left Rib
Injured/cracked or Fractured Rib Cracked or fractured rib caused by accidents or severe blow/impact in that area, is one of the major reasons for pain under the left rib cage. It causes excruciating pain that worsens with deep breathing. Such a serious injury requires immediate medical intervention. If you are experiencing such pain, it is always a good idea to get an x-ray done to determine the state.
Treatment: If diagnosed with a serious cracked or broken rib, it is recommended to consult a doctor right away and get a surgical treatment scheduled. You ought to also get a CT or MRI scan done to rule out any nerve damage. If the crack is minor, it usually heals on its own in a month or two. You can use pain killers to relieve the pain. In any case, it is important to consult your doctor first.
The rib cage, also referred to as the thoracic cage, is one of the core and most delicate parts of the human skeletal system. 24 bony structures called ribs, costal cartilages, 12 thoracic vertebrae and the breast bone, all are parts that make up the rib cage. A part of the human respiratory system, this bony and cartilaginous structure surrounds the thoracic cavity, which contains the lungs. It is a vital part of the human body and any pain in this area can be of serious issue, as it might indicate some serious medical condition or injury.
- So, now you know about the stomach problems caused by stress and how to cure them.
- After reading this article you probably know that there may be something else causing your stomach upset instead of a little bit of extra pizza!