Ibs Net Access: Colon Spasms
What are Colon Spasms? Colon spasms, likewise described as Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS), are painful contractions of the muscle of the lower digestive system. The lower abdomen and the location listed below the right and left chest, are common locations where the discomfort is experienced.
Symptoms Colon spasms are basically identified by constant abdominal pain, constipation, bloating, diarrhea, etc
- Tightness in stomach can be described as an abdominal discomfort felt on account of stomach pain, stomach cramping or perhaps stand bloating.
- It is very difficult to identify what exactly is a tight stomach, as different people experience it in different ways.
Liver is the Largest Internal Organ of the Human Body
It is located on the right side of the abdomen and just below the diaphragm and ribs. The diaphragm separates it from the chest and the abdomen. This organ performs numerous important functions such as detoxification of the body. The other functions include conversion of stored glucose into glycogen, hormone secretion, policy of blood sugar levels, elimination of red blood cells, plasma protein synthesis, and removal of toxic substances and carcinogens from the body. This hard work takes a toll on the liver, which leads to various liver diseases.
This is one of the significant causes of pelvic pain in women. Ectopic pregnancy is an irregularity or complication in pregnancy that occurs when the fertilized egg is placed in any other place, than the uterine wall. The exact cause of ectopic pregnancy is unknown, but, it can be dangerous, if not diagnosed and treated immediately.
Irritable Bowel Syndrome or IBS is a Common Problem of the Modern Society
People who are inflicted with it may feel colic, belching, bloating, heaviness in abdomen, frequent urge to go to toilet, repeating constipation or diarrhoea. All the time the patient is anxious to brood over the matter that he has been suffering from a major condition. But it is absolutely a wrong idea. IBS is simple problem that can be treated successfully with the help of ayurveda.IBS clients are generally anxious thus they need proper counselling and they need to be treated with appropriate affection and care. It is noted in some cases that the members of the family of the patient never try to take the problem of the affected person seriously and turn a deaf ear to his problems as a result the patient suffers from acute depression and the condition get the better of him. Females are regular victims of IBS but adult males can be affected too.
- Flatulence Now, if you have been passing a lot of wind lately, you might be suffering from flatulence.
- This is a common problem, especially for those who have desk jobs.
- Those who bask in lavish living to an extent that they do not have to move a limb through the day, are competent victims of flatulence, too.
- However, excessive flatulence may prove to be a limitation.
- Well, try cutting down on pulses, cabbage, broccoli, prunes, and apples.
- Digestion is slower with regard to these foods as they pass through the gut, gradually.
- Besides, keep in mind, slow eaters always win the game called digestion.
Though, the causes of IBS have not been spotted either, urinary system infections are in some cases said to be the main cause.
- Certain studies have likewise connected anxiety and depression to it.
- Excessive extravagance in fried food might be among the causes too.
You could also have a talk with a nutritionist who can give you the right advice regarding this subject. What this person normally does is to eliminate from your diet all foods that are known to cause this problem and introduce them to your diet one after the other. This will help the food nutrition expert to figure out which foods are causing the problem in your case. It is absolutely necessary to get tailored service for your issue else you will never be free of this condition which is in any case incurable.
- There is no indication that women suffer more constipation symptoms than men, but women do experience a worsening of symptoms during certain times.
- One of those moments is during pregnancy because of the hormonal changes.
- These hormone changes affect the body and interrupt the normal routine, which leads to constipation.
- Women experience the same problems during the days surrounding menstruation.
- Some women experience worse irregularity symptoms during menstruation as well.
- It is also common for women to experience constipation regularly during menopause, which also relates to the body producing less hormones.
- Find other solutions today!
- Get more information on ayurvedic treatment for irritable bowel syndrome.
- Check out this link for more ayurveda treatments for common diseases. "
Fatty liver disease, where excess fat is deposited on the liver is also one of the causative factors. The triglycerides get accumulated in the liver, causing the liver to swell and become inflamed. This condition is called steatohepatitis. When there is fat accumulation in the absence of inflammation or swelling, it is called steatosis. The fat deposits make the liver heavy, causing it to stretch. This leads to a dull pain in the organ that may intensify if not treated quickly. Diseases like Inflammatory Bowels Disease (IBD), Wolfman disease, glycogen storage disease, Weber Christian disease, HIV, drugs like Methotrexate, alcoholic fatty liver can also lead to fatty liver pain.
Surgery is the only treatment method for treating appendicitis. The irritated appendix is removed surgically to avoid further complication. If the inflamed appendix remains neglected, it can break, causing a great deal of pain.
- Hope this article has made one thing clear in your mind, that you should not get alarmed when your period is delayed.
- As you can see, the medical problems responsible for missed duration need proper treatment.
- On the other hand, for the non medical reasons, changes in lifestyle can bring back the normal cycle.
Tightness in stomach caused due to irritable bowel syndrome, also referred to as spastic colon, can be cured by following a spastic colon diet. Foods containing magnesium, such as green leafy vegetables, foods abundant in folic acid, such as whole wheat breads and cereals, foods rich in vitamin B6, such as beans, peas and carrots, must be undertaken.
As a matter of fact, in people with celiac disease this protein actually causes damage to the small intestine by flattening out the villi, tiny protrusions that are responsible for the absorption of nutrients, which line its walls. When gluten food is consumed, the lining of the small intestine is inflamed and at times may be damaged.
Uterine fibroid is another common cause of a swollen stomach in females. It is referred to as a common benign cancerous growth of smooth muscles in the uterus. The existence of a fibroid might or might not produce any identifiable signs. If the client experiences any signs, then they are typically menstrual pain, pelvic pressure, swelling in the stomach, etc.
- There is a feeling of not being able to empty the bowel entirely.
- A sensation like gas is trapped inside and not being able to pass it, stomach cramps and mucus in stools, are some other frequently observed signs.
Difficulty in emptying the bowels, characterized by tough stools, is another sign.
The symptoms may vary according to people, and they might also worsen due to the menstrual cycle, extreme extravagance in fried foods and excess tension.
- Diagnosing IBS: When dealing with symptoms checking treatment for IBS in men, it is important to know how it is identified.
- There are no specific tests that can help in identifying IBS.
- This is because the symptoms are often rather much like other intestinal problems.
- It is quite possible for doctors to misdiagnose IBS, based on the signs.
- Some of the common symptoms include abdominal pain and discomfort, change in bowel routines, irregularity, diarrhea, bloating, etc.
- Normally, the signs are discovered when you display stress or after you consume certain foods.
- Anxiety and depression are also known to exist alongside IBS.
Irritable Bowel Diet
Dr. Cruz discusses the causes of irritable bowel syndrome and provides a comprehensive e-course and book on keeping your symptoms subsided.
Diarrhea Constipation Feeling like you need to pass a defecation, however being unable to
Stomach pain that lasts for three days or more Stomach pain that reduces after a bowel movement Changes in the color, texture, and general appearance of your stool
The Symptoms Continue to Increase During the Third Trimester Period
One of the most obvious indicators that a pregnant woman may experience is irregularity. This condition happens since the level of progesterone increases and permits the muscles of the body to loosen up or unwind. As soon as this happen, the digestive system of the body begins to work gradually. Constipation also is very apparent to people who have poor dieting plans and inadequate exercises.
Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
Irritable bowel syndrome, although a digestive disorder, is one of the causes of back pain. The exact cause of this condition is not known, but stress, diet, dietary habits, etc., are said to trigger this condition. It is characterized by alternating stages of constipation and diarrhea, left side neck and back pain under ribs, abdominal pain after eating, bloating, etc.
Treatment Though currently there are no treatment choices available to treat this condition totally, there are numerous types of treatments available for minimizing and eliminating the signs. Antidepressants, anticholinergic medicines, prescription antibiotics, and fiber supplements might be suggested.
Herbal treatment The use of herbs in treating irritable bowel syndrome is unfortunately sometimes trial and error at first, due to the fact that of the varying signs of IBS from day to day. If you would like to try it, do your research and always supplement first thing every morning with a probiotic. Speak with a herbalist who will discuss with you which types of herbs can help your condition. Naturopath and herbalists have had extensive formal training so they know which herbs are good and proper for particular conditions. Peppermint is one of the popular herbs that is said to be helpful in soothing colon muscles. Also psyllium husks, which are a natural vegetable fiber are excellent for taking previously eating meals as they buffer the effects of the food.
- Random, isolated incidents of pain can occur in any part of the body and pain in the back is nothing unusual.
- However, having pain in the left side of back after eating is a symptom not experienced by many.
- Usually, the pain disappears after a couple of minutes.
- But if it is recurrent and has begun to make you careful of eating, it is a cause for concern.
- There are many factors that can lead to pain, primary of which are listed below.
Swallowing Too Much Air
This is a strange, yet common cause of this condition. If you use a straw for your beverages, or if you drink out of sports bottles, then swallowing too much air is probably the cause for your bloated stomach. There are a number of other ways through which we swallow a lot of air, for instances, talking while we eat, chewing on gum all through the day, or eating when on the move. Preventing these practices can significantly reduce the chances of landing a bloated stomach.
Diarrhea Diarrhea is a stomach problem in which the stools become extremely watery and their frequency increases considerably. If a tight stomach is accompanied by symptoms such as, loose stools, stomach pain, headaches, nausea, fever and blood in stools, the reason might be diarrhea.
- Causes The causes of colon spasms or spastic colons are not yet known.
- Irritable bowel syndrome can be a prime reason for colon convulsions.
Why Does Your Stomach Feel Tight?
The problem could be due to. Wrong Eating Habits People who delight in overindulging often experience discomfort in stomach after eating. Eating foods which are very spicy or oily, can lead to this condition. Eating at wrong times, such as late nights or in the middle of the night, can sometimes cause abdominal pain too. Excessive consumption of alcohol is another cause behind this.
Celiac disease is caused due to gluten or wheat intolerance in which the lining of the small intestinal system can not tolerate the existence of gluten, hence digestion gets seriously affected. This, in turn leads to diarrhea-- stool that has a greenish-blue color which also smells nasty.
Bloating Flatulence Insomnia Sexual dysfunction Backache Headache Mucus-rich stool Female Problems: Constipation Symptoms in Females
Tightness of stomach, nausea, bloating in pregnancy is quite common as long as it is not severe. If the conditions become severe, i.e., stomach pain during pregnancy in addition to discomfort in stomach becomes severe, it is advised to seek advice from an obstetrician immediately. Tightness in stomach caused due to an injury can be cured by resting the stomach and avoiding any activity which puts undue pressure on the stomach muscles.
From a physiological perspective, IBS can sometimes develop through exaggerated contractions of the muscles in the digestive tract walls; after an intestinal infection; through specific food intolerances; a lack of dietary fibre; and through eating meals at irregular intervals.
- Testing In order to identify colon spasms, the medical professional will check your blood and stool samples.
- He may also conduct more tests like virtual colonoscopy and colon biopsy.
Treatment: In most cases, getting a green stool is not a cause of worry as it can be due to taking particular iron supplements or taking in a lot of green vegetables. But if it is accompanied by diarrhea, constipation, abdominal pain and discomfort, that last for more than 2 days, then seek medical help at the earliest.
Over-sensitivity of the colon or large intestine to certain particular foods, is likewise said to be responsible for causing irritable bowel syndrome.
- To alleviate the pain and characteristic signs connected with a swelling in the stomach, you need to visit a doctor.
- The need to look for medical interest is particularly crucial if the swelling does not diminish, hurts to the touch, and is becoming worse.
- So, take the right action at the right time to save your health and life.
- Wish you a fast healing.
- Person may also experience the sensation of throwing up or nausea.
- There is irregular and infrequent bowel movement.
Treatment For treating a tight stomach caused due to wrong kind of eating habits, avoiding spicy, oily foods and eating in small amounts is the key. Eating a well-balanced diet with high fiber foods, help in reducing the gas, burping and the stomach tightness symptoms. Drinking lots of fluids including 10-12 glasses of water per day, helps in making the digestive process faster and thus, reduces the tightness in stomach. Exercising everyday is the key to better digestion and basic overall health, so form a routine of the exact same, as soon as possible.
Irritable Bowel Syndrome Remedies
There is no permanent cure for IBS. However, medication can help in reducing the signs of IBS. Second of all, a change in diet and lifestyle can also help in relieving the symptoms and pain triggered due to this condition.
Keep in Mind, Yellow Bowel Movement is Related With Indigestion of Food
With lifestyle modifications such as regular exercise, these digestive issues can be removed. However, defecating black stools can not be ignored as it is a sign of internal bleeding which requires immediate medical treatment.
- Apart from taking medications, using a heating pad could also provide relief from bouts of abdominal pain.
- Heat helps relax stomach muscles, and avoids cramping.
- Also, as long as results show the presence of mucus, sex without use of condom is a strict no-no.
- Disregarding this precautionary measure while having sex is likely to move the infection to your partner.
Avoid alcohol, chocolate, caffeinated beverage, dairy products, sugar-free sweeteners, and gas producing foods such as beans, cabbage, cauliflower and broccoli. All such food items tend to act as triggers for worsening the signs and symptoms. Fatty foods must also be kept away from the menu.
However, some studies suggest that it is an immune response, or is triggered due to an undiscovered infection.
- While speaking about the problems of small intestine, many people report obstruction in this portion and infection by damaging bacteria.
- Accordingly, the signs of small intestinal disorders and severity of the conditions may vary from one patient to another.
- For your understanding, following is a list of small intestinal conditions together with the manifested symptoms.