Ibs Blog: Why Alternative Methods Beat Conventional Medicine in Testing and Treatment for IBS
Considerable number of people have checked out the GP hoping to treat their Irritable bowel syndrome, but the prescriptions they got did not effectively help them to deal with the problem. Statistics show that people looking for traditional testing and treatment for IBS symptoms in males have end up searching for alternatives.
The most annoying reality about this disease is that no one has yet found out the cause for it and thus there is no prescribed cure for it. Doctors say that it is a practical condition but when the intestinal tract is examined, no disease is detected. Doctors are of the view that the major cause of IBS might be tension and emotional conflict that interrupts the normal functioning of the colon or large intestine part that extends from mecum to the anus. Herbal remedies have so far shown to be very effective for treating IBS signs.
Stay away from caffeine!! Drink lots and lots of water Pay attention to food allergies and sensitivities; especially lactose intolerance Avoid alcohol, soda, dairy items, high sugar and fatty foods (processed foods), and vegetables like broccoli, cauliflower and brussels sprouts which can increase gassiness Eat smaller meals at a slower pace throughout the day as opposed to breathing in a few large meals Consume food high in dietary fiber Include natural beneficial germs into your day-to-day program. Try to find a mild, natural liquid probiotic that is dairy, wheat, and soy-free. Low stress way of life - can't emphasize this enough. Attempt yoga, breathing exercises, a massage, etc. - whatever helps you wind down. Maintain active physical fitness levels.
FODMAP WHOLE30 Storytelling journey with IBS symptoms Nesting Story
This is my irritable bowel syndrome story. Here are some helpful links... The Whole30: http://whole30.com FODMAP: ...
- Aloe - Aloe includes a steady amount of vitamins and nutrients that help the body naturally cleanse itself.
- Aloe helps in the removing of undesirable toxic substances and bacteria with no alternative outcomes.
The Exact Cause of this Syndrome is Not Known
However, IBS is observed to be more common among the people who have sensitive intestine or compromised immune system. Majority of the people suffering from IBS tend to ignore the symptoms and do not select medical treatment. Diagnosis of IBS is done based on the symptoms, physical examination, and medical history of the patient. After a correct diagnosis, the doctor may recommend medications in order to manage IBS. Lot of times, natural remedies and dietary as well as way of life changes can effectively control the symptoms of IBS.
Easy to Digest Vegetables
Vegetables that are excellent sources of soluble fiber are often recommended for individuals with gastrointestinal problems such as irritable bowel syndrome (IBS). Soluble fiber relieves digestive inflammation and regulates bowel function. As it is soluble in water, soluble fiber has the ability to draw in more fluid into the colon and include softness to the stool. This helps to facilitate their transit through the colon. Some of the vegetables that contain soluble fiber in good proportion are provided listed below: Easily Digestible Vegetables - Raw or Cooked?
- But why do they form?
- And why "now more than ever"?
- It's not your fault!
- Just look around at the foods readily available to everybody.
- They're full of refined flour and there isn't really a lot of 'entire grain' that tastes delicious as an option for you.
- The combination of insufficient liquid throughout the day, in addition to not enough soluble and insoluble fiber adds up to digestive tract problem.
Small Bowel Bacterial Overgrowth (SBBO): This health problem is also referred to as Little Intestinal Bacterial Overgrowth (SIBO). The main function of the small intestine is to digest food and absorb it into the body. The complete intestinal tract consists of bacteria that aid in digestion, and the number of bacteria in the small intestine is less as compared to those in the large intestine. Thus, SBBO is a condition when the number of bacteria in the small intestine grow in number. There are numerous health disorders that can cause SBBO. These consist of, immune system condition, brief bowel syndrome, diabetes, scleroderma, small bowel diverticulosis and particular surgical procedures. Bloating, fullness, diarrhea, abdominal pain, and cramps are the major signs of SBBO.
Benefits: There are Many Forms of this Fiber, E.G
Pectin, mucilage, and gums. These supplements of roughage have a variety of health benefits. Essential dietary fiber foods: All fruits and vegetables, especially green leafy vegetables, contain this fiber. So do apples, grapes, barley, rye, sesame seeds, carrots, prunes, peaches, and gooseberries as well as nuts, seeds, and vegetables. If you go by the fiber content of foods, then flax seeds are highly rich. About 100 grams of flax seeds have approximately 12 grams of fiber. Likewise, in food products such as soya beans, lima beans, and cooked artichoke, the fiber contents are 2.09, 5.87, and 5.46 grams per 100 grams of their weight, respectively.
Mucus is basically a jelly like substance which is produced by the intestines and is naturally present in stool, ergo passing it during bowel movement is a normal procedure. However, doctors also say that if the amount of mucus prominently increases with time, and is accompanied by bleeding or other bowel problems like constipation, diarrhea, etc., then this considerably warrants a medical examination. Keep in mind that, the mucous does not have to be always white. It might be clear, yellow or green.
The first part of the colon which is connected with the small intestine is known as caecum. The part between the caecum and anus is referred to as colon which is divided into four parts, ascending, transverse, descending, and sigmoid colon. Colon function consists of holding waste products and reabsorbing water from wastes to protect water balance in the body. Lots of friendly bacteria grow in the colon, and help improve the process of digestion. They play an important role in suppressing the growth of harmful bacteria. They help transform undigested food products into easily satisfactory stools. When the food is completely absorbed, and when it moves forward through the colon, it changes its form, and acquires dark brown color.
- Consumption of alcohol, milk products, carbonated drinks, and fatty foods can get worse symptoms of IBS.
- People diagnosed with IBS especially, should not drink alcohol as it is a GI (gastrointestinal) irritant.
- Alcohol is a major factor responsible for aggravating of IBS symptoms.
- Alcoholic drinks such as wine or beer pose a threat for IBS clients.
- Problems might develop if drinking is continued and may even activate an IBS attack.
Besides the aforementioned conditions, genetic defects, mesenteric ischemia, mesenteric cysts, duodenal ulcers, diverticular illness, bacterial infections, viral infections, and diseases caused by infectious agents could also adversely affect the function of the small intestine.
Bavolex Irritable Bowel Syndrome ReliefBavolex IBS Relief contains botanicals created to support and calm digestion. Bavolex's ingredients have been used for many years to support healthy digestive tract, help reducing irritation from diarrhea and constipation. Reducing bowel inflammation and supporting healthy digestion has been proven to ease the flare-ups related to Irritable Bowel Syndrome.
More about This Product »
You might enjoy doing high intensity exercises but after a workout session you may deal with a hard time dealing with pain around belly button. This is because, exercises that are done vigorously such as crunches or those involving lifting weights can be exhausting to the abdominal muscles. As a result, the undue stress on the abdominal muscles can manifest in the form of navel pain.
Is a fact that most of the bacteria that inhabit our body are benign. Nevertheless, there are several types of bacteria that enter our body, chiefly through the respiratory system, and increase, thereby triggering instability of the existing innocuous germs of the body. A bacterial infection may cause various transmittable diseases and medical conditions, like strep throat, urinary tract infection, and irritable bowel syndrome (IBS), to name a few. These bacteria are also called pathogens. When these bacteria begin colonizing, a healthy body begins to show the signs of a bacterial infection.
- Pregnancy Pregnancy is one of the common causes of back pain in females.
- During pregnancy, the weight of the woman increases considerably leading to increased pressure on the back.
- Over straining of the abdominal and back muscles cause pain, specifically in the lower back.
- Gastroenteritis: This is a viral infection that attacks the stomach and the intestines.
- More specifically, it is the inflammation of the gastrointestinal tract that causes bloody diarrhea, if treatment is neglected.
Herniated disc, also known as slipped disc or burst disc, is the rupture or bulging of the fibrous cartilage present between two vertebrae, resulting in pressing of the nerves. It usually happens in the lumbar area, i.e., in the lower back. Compression of the sciatic nerve leads to another painful condition known as sciatica, that causes pain in lower back shooting down into a leg.
Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS).
Irritable bowel syndrome, also known as spastic colon, is said to be a practical bowel disorder. People experiencing irritable bowel syndrome often come across a great deal of pain. However, this is not a very severe condition, as it poses no permanent damage to the large intestine. The condition itself is characterized by diarrhea and stomach ache, and some other common symptoms such as bloating, irregularity, etc. The symptoms again differ from person to person.
- Treatment Medications can relieve symptoms of IBS considerably.
- The doctors may advice patients to include fiber supplements in their diet plan.
- Medicines like loperamide or lomotil are often prescribed to reduce diarrhea.
- Doctors often suggest an antispasmodic to reduce abdominal pain and intestinal tract convulsions.
- Individuals who do not respond to conventional therapy are treated with alosetron hydrochloride (Lotronex).
- This medication is particularly recommended for people with severe IBS.
Lactose is a component of milk hence present in lots of dairy products. Many people are naturally not able to absorb lactose. This is because they do not have an enzyme called lactase which is necessary for lactose digestion. The failure to absorb lactose is called lactose intolerance. When a lactose-intolerant person happens to have it, he or she frequently experiences swelling in the stomach, diarrhea, nausea, bloating, stomach cramps, and gas.
Acid Reflux Disease can be Treated With the Help of Medication
Nevertheless, it is essential to make changes in your lifestyle if you want to get rid of it permanently. In order to treat irritable bowel syndrome, it is vital to treat its symptoms individually. There are medications offered to deal with constipation, diarrhea, nausea, and stomach pain. However, you must keep in mind that irritable bowel syndrome can not be treated completely. But, making changes in lifestyle and food habits can help reduce seriousness and frequency of the disease.
Here is a Sample of the Websites that Present Guidance on IBS:
Www.ibsgetwell.co.uk - This site has little with regards to IBS and rather more about its founder, Adrian Blake, who encourages "stress management approaches to IBS". Mr Blake, who is psychotherapist and states to be the first person in the UK to obtain a hypnotherapy degree, offers a deal of hypnotherapy CD, handbook, achievement strategy and daily progress record for 26.99. He asserts that "gut guided hypnotherapy" is now the treatment of choice for many gastroenterologists, and can help 70-80 percent of victims.
- Maintaining a healthy digestive system is essential for carrying out normal digestion and other metabolic processes.
- The small intestine, though relatively healthy, is also susceptible to numerous problems.
- To mention a couple of, commonly diagnosed problems include blockage, infections, tumors, celiac disease, and short bowel.
- Each of these cases impairs the digestion process and interrupts typical absorption of nutrients, leading to various symptoms.
Alcoholic liver disease (ALD) refers to the damage that is caused to the liver due to prolonged alcohol abuse. It can manifest as fatty liver, alcoholic liver disease, and cirrhosis of the liver. Damage to the liver may start as fatty liver and development through alcoholic hepatitis to reach the final stage of this liver disease called cirrhosis. Fatty liver occurs due to intense alcohol consumption and this condition can be reversed by abstaining from alcohol usage. Functions of the liver do not deteriorate when one has a fatty liver, but the problem can be discovered through a blood test.
Alcoholic hepatitis is triggered in those who drink heavily for a long period of time. The symptoms can range from mild to lethal. Abstinence can help one recuperate; however, those who drink heavily are at a risk of developing cirrhosis of the liver. Cirrhosis is characterized by the development of nodules in the liver. Excess alcohol consumption results in irreversible damage to the liver cells. One may establish jaundice and suffer from bruising or bleeding due to irregularities with blood clot. As the disease progresses, the liver can't perform normal functions that may finally lead to liver failure. It is important to know the indications of alcoholic liver disease to be able to find it before it is too late.
People who are often experiencing this type of disorder have really sensitive colon muscle that leads them to feeling the above stated symptoms after too much food intake. IBS or Irritable Bowel Syndrome is not certified as a serious illness since it does not result in cancer or any other illness. But people who are experiencing it may experience a lot of unpleasant feeling that may lead them to questioning their health. And going to their doctor and having tests to make sure the indications are for IBS may be applicable.
Fifth: Cholesterol and Blood Glucose
Everyone knows about cholesterol levels, good and bad. There have been numerous studies on it as a risk-factor for heart attacks and heart disease. There's plenty you can do naturally to help lower cholesterol, but did you know getting sufficient fiber will help too? Soluble fiber has been proven to lower blood cholesterol levels.
Abdominal Distention is Another Sign Which can be Observed
One may establish persistent swelling on the abdominal areas that looks unusual. One might even have a feeling of fullness at all times due to the perforated colon. This leads to loss of appetite. One may even develop a fever of over 102 F and above, in addition to chills.
- Pelvic Inflammatory Disease: Pain in the left side of the abdomen in a woman might be caused due to pelvic inflammatory disease (PID).
- This disease refers to the swelling of the uterus, ovary and/or the fallopian tube on the left side of the body.
Ulcerative colitis is another reason for blood and mucus being released along with stool. Many a time there might be white mucus, for which ulcerative colitis might be the reason. In this condition the latter part of the large intestine is irritated. Some of the signs of this condition include cramps and pain in abdomen, bleeding from the rectum and diarrhea.
Digestive Problems in Infants
Colic, food allergies, lactose intolerance, and acid reflux are the problems found in infants. Colic is found in children, who are less than 3 months old. This happens mainly in those infants, who are more sensitive towards intestinal gas. In this condition, the baby sobs constantly for numerous hours of the day, particularly in the evening. The signs that you notice while the infant is crying, are swollen abdomen, tensed legs that are drawn to the body, and the hands clenched.
Even the face of the child reddens if he/she is suffering from any of the above issues. Infant acid reflux mainly occurs when the baby drinks too much of milk or drinks it faster. In some cases, extreme crying or coughing can also trigger back circulation of acids from the stomach into the esophagus. It can be identified with frequent spitting out, vomiting, lack of appetite, irritability, etc. These problems can be dealt with by bringing about changes in feeding techniques and overall eating habits of the baby.
Having a healthy and balanced diet helps in prevention of abdominal muscle spasms to a great extent. Similarly, methods of cleanliness and hygiene must also be maintained frequently. Finally, one must keep in mind that all the diseases causing abdominal muscle spasms can be treated successfully if timely treatment is undertaken. It is recommended to speak with the doctor for appropriate assessment and treatment. Take care!
Consuming food that is not saved properly or prepared in unsanitary conditions is harmful and leads to food poisoning. So, within a few hours of having polluted food, one is likely to vomit and most importantly experience consistent pain around belly button.
Diverticulitis seems to be the new "Disease of the Year", in the media. Everywhere you turn you're hearing more doctors and medical studies say "More people in the world have either diverticulitis or diverticulosis than ever before!" But how many of them are telling you effective and simple ways to stop it? Certainly not many.
- Fiber isn't the only thing.remember the above points?
- Chia Seeds have you covered on all five points.
- You can even actually see the viscous (appears like a gelatin or gummy) fibers on the outside when you make Chia gel.
- These help lower blood cholesterol and normalize blood sugar and insulin levels.
- It's time to feel full longer, reduce your cholesterol, and clean up any colon issues!
- Chia Seeds are incredibly easy to use.
- They have no flavor of their own, so you can add them to anything you already like to eat.
- They are allowed to hydrate in a liquid food (like yogurt, juice or cola) they will take on the taste of that food.
- In cooking, because of their ability to distribute flavors, they can actually make the food more flavorful!
- A tablespoon of Chia a day is generally what the majority of people require.
- Chia seeds are incredibly safe and simple to use, so you do not need to worry about having too much.
- The seeds also include essential micro-nutrients, omega 3 healthy oils and b-vitamins.
- No fiber alternative can do all of that, while tasting as great and being as versatile as Chia.
- When you add Chia to your meals, you're guaranteeing that you and your family are getting the fiber your body needs.
- NOW is the time to take control of your digestive health, and the simplest answer is Chia.