Bowel Irritable Syndrome Understanding: Licorice Root Side Effects
Licorice plant (Glycyrrhiza glabra) is a vegetable, and its roots have a sweet flavor. The roots contain substances, like anethole and glycyrrhizic acid, that are responsible for the sweetness and other properties of this herb. Licorice was used by the ancient Greeks and Egyptians for therapeutic purposes. This herb was used for treating stomach conditions as well as breathing problems. It was very widely used in Asia and Europe too. Today, licorice is used as flavoring agent and as a herbal medicine. It is available as root extract, tablets, root tea, candies, etc. You may also come across tobacco products flavored with licorice. However, usage of licorice in high doses, that too for a long term, may result in serious side effects.
- Diagnosis There is no clear test to identify if you are suffering from this condition.
- However, your GP will search for signs of typical IBS symptoms and also ask you to go through a physical examination.
- First: Fiber that is incompletely or slowly absorbed promotes normal bowl function and deals with constipation.
- This type of fiber also helps prevent diverticulosis and diverticulitis.
- It provides relief from irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) which is also on the rise.
- Second: Fiber-rich foods are processed more slowly by the body.
- This is a great benefit if you're trying to lose weight!
- When foods process more slowly, you feel 'pleased' or 'full' much faster than normal.
- This makes it easy to eat less at mealtime.
Illness of the Digestive System
Heartburn disease (GERD), hiatal hernia, irritable bowel syndrome (IBS), etc., are some of the most typical illness of the digestive system. The prominent disease-causing parasites in human are Campylobacter, Salmonella and Helicobacter. The following is a list of digestive system diseases.
Excessive buildup of gas in the digestive system is often observed in people who follow a diet that is rich in complex carbohydrates or insoluble dietary fiber. The major reason behind flatulence is bacterial fermentation of specific complex sugars such as raffinose, starches, stachyose, sorbitol, etc., in the colon. Excessive gas could also be attributed to aerophagia (swallowing excess air), which in turn may be attributed to eating food hastily, especially without chewing it correctly. Prolonged use of antibiotics, misuse of laxatives, and intolerance to gluten, lactose, or man-made food additives could also be the reason behind excessive gas.
Diagnosis and Treatment
Finding out the exact cause behind this issue is a challenging task. This is since the characteristics of different types of digestive tract discomfort are very similar to each other. Even the accompanying signs can not be distinguished easily from one another. Initially, the doctor tries to identify the trigger by physical examination of the abdomen and studying the nature of the pain. Then different laboratory tests, such as, radiological tests, endoscopy, etc. are done to verify their findings.
Apart from recommending the usual medications needed for pain relief, doctors treat the underlying infection or any other disease, responsible for the pain. Foods high in fiber should be included in the meals in order to enhance the bowel movements. Drinking of a lot of water and other liquids are likewise recommended. There are some restrictions relating to the food to be consumed by the patient. One need to stay away from fatty foods, spicy foods, citrus fruits, caffeine, alcohol, carbonated drinks, etc.
Small Intestinal Tract Infections
Infection in the small intestine is mainly caused by bacteria or virus. Usually, it happens due to consumption of contaminated food and drinks. If infected by infection, it is called viral gastroenteritis. At times, infectious organisms may be transmitted from other internal parts of the body. Intestinal infection symptoms are loss of appetite, stomach cramps, constipation, and diarrhea.
- Treatment: Proper high-fiber diet plan together with use of laxatives is recommended for treating this syndrome.
- Stomach Ulcers
- Pain in left side of the rib cage may also be a sign of the presence of stomach ulcer.
- Depending on the severity of the condition, the discomfort may last longer or numerous go away in a few minutes.
Little Intestinal tract It is the longest part of the alimentary canal which helps in the digestion of food and the absorption of nutrients.
Living Positively with Irritable Bowel Syndrome
If you are one of the 5 million Canadians living with IBS, you know all about its not-so-pleasant symptoms. Understanding the syndrome is the first step to feeling ...
During IBS, Individual May Change Between Diarrhea and Constipation
People with diarrhea face frequent, watery, loose stool which are hard to control. They will have an urgent need to have a bowel movement. Whereas, people with constipation might find hard to pass stool or usually have few defecation. They often feel the need to pass stool. People with constipation might feel the cramps with bowel movement. For some people symptoms may get worse foe few days or weeks and then slowly reduce whereas in some symptoms are present the majority of the time. There are chances the individual experiencing IBS lose his/her appetite.
Soluble fiber stimulates bowel movements and prevents constipation to a great extent. It is also known to regulate blood pressure. It also minimizes the chances of the occurrence of heart diseases, as it lowers the level of cholesterol in the blood. It also reduces the risk of many types of cancer. Insoluble fiber, specifically, prevents and deals with constipation. It is also known to reduce the risk of colon cancer.
Diet Plan & Cures
It's obvious Irritable Bowel Syndrome isn't an enjoyable experience to endure. The good news is there are numerous ways to manage symptoms and "flare" to make it a very manageable condition. Listed below are some good guidelines to follow and make your life as IBS-free as possible:
Has been observed that the majority of the side effects are caused by high dosages. Licorice roots should not be taken by people with high blood pressure, diabetes, cirrhosis, kidney problems, heart diseases, low blood potassium levels, estrogen-sensitive disorders, etc. Pregnant and nursing women and small kids ought to also avoid use of this herb. It is much better to prevent licorice, if you are taking diuretics or heart medication. In case, you wish to use this herb for medicinal purposes, consult a qualified herbal practitioner and follow his instructions.
- Treatment: Proper diet together with medication prescribed by a doctor will help in the condition.
- When the sacs in the intestines are formed, they will stay for a lifetime.
- Changes in way of life is important to get relief.
Right flank pain during pregnancy can be caused due to an ectopic pregnancy. This is one common reason for flank pain episodes in women, and it can be easily identified with a pelvic ultrasound. Endometriosis is a condition in which the tissue-- similar to the lining of the uterus-- is found in the pelvic cavity. The most common symptom of endometriosis is pelvic and flank pain. Ovarian cysts, in some cases are responsible for flank pain in ladies.
- Treatment Consulting the doctor is the first thing to do if these symptoms are observed.
- The doctor will ask the patient to carry out blood and urine tests.
- Treating dehydration is the first step to be followed as diarrhea triggers dehydration.
- Therefore, the doctor will recommend the person to have electrolytic fluids and water.
- In case of severe diarrhea and dehydration, hospitalization, and IV fluids may be needed.
- The more treatment entirely depends on the underlying cause.
Lipase Deficiency Lipase is an enzyme concerned with the digestion of fats. It is a water-soluble enzyme that plays a crucial role in digestion, and the processing and transportation of lipids in the human body. There are several types of lipases, of which pancreatic...
Conditions that May Cause White Mucous in Stool
Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS). This condition affects the large intestine. Apart from the presence of mucus in stool, other symptoms of irritable bowel syndrome consist of abdominal pain, gas, constipation, diarrhea and bloating.
Secondly, Signs of Irritable Bowel Syndrome can be Dealt With by Medications
However, there is no permanent remedy to it. You have to make dietary changes to get relief from it. Menstrual cramps can be dealt with by taking pain killers and plenty of rest. Pelvic inflammatory disease in women can be treated with the help of antibiotics. Sometimes, if PID is identified during pregnancy, the woman may require hospitalization. Physical therapy can also help in dealing with pelvic pain.
Apart from these, food allergy or intolerance, flatulence, celiac disease, diverticulitis, Crohn's illness, kidney stone, gallstones, ectopic pregnancy, menstrual cramps, etc., are a few of the other potential causes that can not be ignored. Identifying the underlying cause is essential; and thus, the first thing you need to do is to speak with the doctor immediately.
- Colonic massage is another extremely efficient technique to get rid of IBS.
- It works marvels in case of baby and children as it relieves colic pains and helps them to pass gas and stool easily.
Mucous is nothing but a white or yellow fluid which helps in lubricating the air passage and gastrointestinal tract. Besides lubrication, this fluid protects the surface of the digestive, respiratory, and excretory system versus destructive agents like stomach acids. During pregnancy, a woman's body goes through various changes; out of which mucus in her stool is common. It is not an unusual occurrence, and usually goes away within a couple of days.
Hydrolyzed Guar Gum
It is a water-soluble and non-gelling fiber. This fiber helps in minimizing diarrhea and constipation. It also helps in easing abdominal pain. Bacteria such as lactobacilli and bifidobacteria, that are advantageous for our body, are also increased by it.
To find out more on probiotics diarrhea, irregularity, and IBS, turn to David Nash. He writes short articles on the very best probiotic reviews, natural remedies, and explores lactobacillus acidophilus to help customers remain informed.
Infection A urinary tract infection is one of the main mucous in urine causes. The mucous mainly comes from the WBC (White Blood Cells) which enter the urine to prevent the infection from spreading. If you are experiencing cloudy urine due to an infection, then you will also experience other signs like abdominal pain, painful feeling while urination, fever, nausea, and flank pain. If you experience mucus in urine on a regular basis, it's better to get yourself looked for an infection.
Causes When talking about underlying causes, it has been observed that constipation, indigestion and diarrhea are the three most typically skilled conditions that cause stomach pain. Apart from these, the following are the other significant and possible causes to look out for.
- Signs: Serious pain is specifically experienced on the best side of the abdominal area as the appendix is located there.
- Other symptoms like fever, vomiting, loss of appetite, queasiness, diarrhea, etc., are likewise observed.
- Gas that is present in the stomach usually goes through the mouth when we burp, while the digestive gas is released through the rectum.
- Distressing symptoms such as pain or bloating could happen when gas stays trapped in the digestive tract.
Dos and Do N'ts
The treatment of flatulence usually includes the use of antacids, digestive enzymes, simethicone, bismuth subsalicylate, activated charcoal supplements, etc. Following certain steps will certainly prove beneficial.
- Big Intestinal tract It is the lowest part of the gastrointestinal system.
- Its functions are soaking up water and passing the waste material out of the body.
- It begins at the cecum and ends at the rectum.
- Flatulence can end up being a cause of social embarrassment when there is increased passage of foul-smelling gas.
- The bad odor is attributed to the presence of skatole, indole, and sulfur compounds.
- Some people may even lose voluntary control over the passage of flatus.
Diet for Irritable Bowel Syndrome *
For some people, a strict diet can be an option for irritable bowel syndrome. * There are certain foods that contain probiotics that can provide the support that your body needs. * Additionally, there are some foods that your body just might not agree with as a result of IBS. Therefore, changing your diet to assist with irritable bowel syndrome can be an option for people who want natural relief. * There are OTC products that you can take to alleviate symptoms, but you have to keep in mind that these don't provide remedy for the cause of the issue at all. *.
Difficult defecation are typically a result of a condition called irregularity. The majority of you may be familiar with this term and it's symptoms. In this condition, the stool becomes tough, bumpy and dry. When the stool remains in the gastrointestinal system for more than 48 hours, the fluid it consists of is reabsorbed by the body. This triggers it to end up being hard, dry and challenging to pass from the body. Irregularity has the tendency to become persistent if not dealt within time, where in extremely serious cases, it might cause pain and bleeding while passing stool. In many cases, all it takes are a couple of home remedies to treat this problem. Nevertheless, in more severe cases, it is very important to visit a medical professional and comprehend the origin of the problem. Here, we take a look at the causes, repercussions and treatment for this issue.
Having a practice of working out is always good. There are a lot of good things that includes staying fit or doing things to have a healthy lifestyle. One of its effects is avoiding IBS. There are sites on the Internet that may tell you the same thing such as ibstreatment.com. Most illness or disorders can be prevented and being in the know of these things is quite effective.