Irritable Bowel Syndrome Medication: Lower Abdominal Pain after Eating
Pain or cramps in stomach after having meals can either be caused due to consumption of contaminated food or due to some underlying disorder. There are a number of reasons that can lead to this condition.
Need a simple, non-invasive breath tests to find out whether you have fructose, lactose and sorbitol malabsorption and small intestine bacterial overgrowth? Take the test from Stream Diagnostics, Australia's leading provider of hydrogen/methane breath tests.
- Fecal Occult Blood Test: This is one test that is used when blood in feces is not visible to the naked eye.
- In such a case, unusual color may not be seen, due to presence of small amount of blood in stool.
- This test is the most reliable way to confirm blood in feces.
- In order to identify the underlying cause, different blood tests are performed.
- This is a low-cost, non invasive procedure that gives details about the specific amount of blood in stool sample.
- An easy way to perform fecal occult blood test is offered below:
- Green Bile As we all know, the liver produces a green colored digestive juice referred to as the bile.
- The production of bile is necessary to guarantee proper digestion of food.
- It is a known fact that stool formation takes place in the large intestine.
- When the bile enters the large intestine, it eventually turns yellowish brown then mixes with the stool.
- This is the reason why stool appears brown in color.
- Nevertheless, if the bile and the stool formed move quickly out of the large intestine, it is unlikely that the bile will end up being yellow.
- So, with the bile color remaining the same (green), the excrement also appears greenish-yellow throughout bowel movement.
- Prognosis in patients with Irritable Bowel Syndrome is mostly favorable.
- However, treating these patients requires awareness and sensitivity on the part of the physician, and often a joint consultation with neurologists.
- Stomach pain is caused due to minor conditions, it can be treated with pain killers or by taking rest.
- However, it is suggested not to take any medication without prescription.
An obstruction in the intestines due to reasons like volvulus, hernia, Crohn's disease or also due to any adhesion or injury can lead to bowel obstruction. Apart from pain in the abdomen, muscle cramping and vomiting are the other symptoms.
Certain home remedies can relieve you of gas, upset stomach, constipation, etc. However, home remedies are only effective if your condition is mild or you seldom struggle with stomach ailments. For chronic ailments, you may have to rely on medical treatment. Some solutions that can be prepared in the house are as follows.
GERD: If you are struggling with gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD), you may experience upper stomach pain and pain in the chest, along with trouble while swallowing and sour taste in the mouth. Signs may also include aching throat, hoarseness, nausea, and cough.
While the precise cause of IBS isn't fully known, a number of factors add to signs, including genetic make-up and delicate bowels. Stress and stress and anxiety are likewise known to set off signs and they can typically become more serious after eating, as your body begins to digest.
Digestive tract Parasitic Infections: Another quite common cause is amoebiasis. This is an infectious disease that affects the large intestine, and is mostly contracted when someone eats or drinks contaminated food or water, containing Entamoeba histolytica, an intestinal parasite. In this disease, the amoeba attach themselves to the large intestine, and cause serious symptoms like bloody diarrhea, abdominal cramps, stomach pain, loss of appetite, nausea, and fever. In the initial stages there are mostly no symptoms, but if the person's immunity is low, or if the number of amoeba unexpectedly increase, then the signs become visible. This condition is contagious, as the stool that is passed includes the parasites, for this reason, it can contaminate the water that it comes in contact with, and spread. Another example of an intestinal parasite is giardiasis, where the causative agent for the condition is a parasite called Giardia lamblia.
- The flax plant, which is scientifically referred to as Linum usitatissimum, is popular for its seeds - flaxseeds.
- Completely ripe flaxseeds are dried and used for incurring flaxseed oil, also known as linseed oil.
- This oil is a kind of drying oil, which suggests it gets solid film on its surface area when it is exposed to atmospheric elements like air.
- It is instilled with numerous other types of oils and compounds like resin, for numerous commercial purposes.
- However, the most popular use of flaxseed oil is as an edible oil with various health benefits.
Marketed as a thoroughly healthy supplement for a healthy body, it includes nutrients like protein, necessary fats like omega-3 and omega-6, fibers, potassium and beta-carotene. As an outcome, flaxseed oil is frequently used for many medicinal functions. Before one begins utilizing it as a natural remedy; it is constantly essential to learn about the benefits and possible negative effects of the exact same.
Ulcers (open wounds) happening in the lining of the stomach wall, mainly due to H. pylori (species of bacteria) infection can also trigger burning experience in the lower left rib discomfort. The pain that worsens periodically is severe on an empty stomach. The start of food poisonings such as gastritis has also been credited to H. pylori infection.
Kidney stones are formed when the uric acid, calcium or salts in the kidney do not get flushed out from the body. Severe lower abdominal pain and difficulty in urination are the common symptoms. Excess intake of calcium and not drinking adequate amount of water are the prominent causes.
IBS Medication - What drugs and medication are used for irritable bowel syndrome?
For more information visit us at http://www.morethanjustmedicine.com In this video Dr Simon Smale, Consultant Gastroenterologist explains IBS Medication ...
The pancreas also play an essential role to guarantee proper digestion of food. How? Well, they launch particular enzymes into the intestine in order to help with food digestion. In pancreatic insufficiency, the pancreas are incapable of producing digestion enzymes, which causes indigestion, malabsorption and excess gas build up.
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome: In IBS, a person experiences discomfort below the chest and above the hip region.
- Another symptom is changes in the bowel movement pattern.
- You may experience irregularity or diarrhea.
- These two symptoms keep appearing and vanishing.
- Other symptoms are heartburn, queasiness, and bloating.
Case the pain is mild, you can follow simple techniques like taking rest, avoiding eating any foods that may cause discomfort, avoiding carbonated drinks, etc. However, together with stomach pain, if other symptoms like nausea, vomiting, severe cramping, chest pain, etc., are observed, you must seek advice from the doctor.
- Eating foods that are not cooked correctly or prepared in unsanitary conditions can cause food poisoning.
- Having contaminated food makes a person fall sick and the illness may give rise to green bowel movement.
You're struggling with a more serious case of irritable bowel syndrome and are experiencing a lot of pain, make a visit to see your doctor and discuss whether it would be proper to take any medications along with your efforts to eat a balanced diet plan. Depending on your signs and case history, your GP might be able to prescribe a medication that can deal with irregularity or diarrhoea, or other medications to alleviate pain in the intestine.
Appendicitis: Burning pain in the stomach can be a symptom of appendicitis, if you are experiencing intense pain which starts at the navel and moves to the lower right side of the abdominal area. Other signs observed with the pain are loss of appetite, queasiness, and vomiting. The client may also experience swelling of the stomach, constipation, and discomfort that worsens during sneezing, or coughing.
- Gas-producing Food There are certain foods, which are known for causing gas difficulty, which in turn lead to a bloated stomach.
- Foods, such as vegetables, beans, cabbage, etc. feature in this category.
- Symptoms of constipation can be relieved with laxatives, having a high-fiber diet, hydration, etc.
- Medication and making changes in lifestyle and diet can help in treating diverticulitis and irritable bowel syndrome.
- Constipation, pelvic inflammatory disease (PID), appendicitis, etc., are some of the other possible causes.
- Treatment of Abdominal Pain
- Treatment: In mild cases, using antibiotics and following a liquid diet can help in alleviating the symptoms.
- On the other hand, in extreme cases, surgical treatment and hospitalization may be required.
Medications In case the person is having green vegetables in moderate amounts and also is not struggling with intestinal problems then green poop may be due to intake of medicines like antibiotics.
- Constipation Constipation is a health condition where a person has a problem in having regular bowel movement.
- It can be chronic or acute, and can occur due to various reasons.
- Abdominal pain are bloating are the common symptoms of constipation.
- Inflammatory Bowel Syndrome (IBD): This is a gastrointestinal disorder that causes inflammation of the intestine.
- The digestive tract wall turns red and ends up being inflamed.
- In severe cases of IBD, formation of ulcers badly damage the intestinal tract wall.
- When ulcers bleed a lot, bowel movement produces black stools.
- IBD disrupts the body's capability to absorb food correctly.
- In this condition the gastrointestinal system is no longer able to take in nutrients appropriately from food.
Irritable Bowel Syndrome
Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS), where, food passes the gastrointestinal tract a bit too fast or too slow. As a result, the person typically experiences alternate bouts of irregularity and diarrhea. Thus, if you experience pain and feel the desire to empty yourself immediately after consuming, you can associate it to irritable bowel syndrome.
On the other hand, if you are wondering what are the foods that take a longer time to digest, then note that nuts, seeds, soy products, cabbage, maida flour (starch) or very fine wheat items, cake flour, wheat, rye, milk and milk items, etc., are foods that are not easily digested. Taking in these products on a big quantity every day can lead to constipation. At the very same time, taking in curry, spicy foods, tea, coffee, etc. in excess can also cause gastrointestinal problems, and hence, must be restricted.
Carom seeds are an outstanding upset stomach relief due to their spectacular medicinal properties. Boil some carom seeds in water, and set this water aside. Drink it throughout the day to get remedy for your stomach issues. Alternatively, you may warm some carom seeds in a pan and eat a spoonful of these seeds. Consume a glass of warm water right away. This is a great treatment, if you have stomach discomfort due to gas.
Lactose Intolerance: Those with lactose intolerance may experience burning of stomach after half an hour to two hours, after consuming any milk/milk products. Apart from that, other symptoms include gas, diarrhea, nausea, bloating, and stomach discomfort. The severity of symptoms changes according to individual tolerance level.
Healthy lifestyle can certainly keep IBS at bay. Ensure that you consume healthy food, take adequate sleep, and also exercise frequently. Likewise, make it a point to drink 8 to 10 glasses of water daily. If you experience any of those symptoms, you can go with the above-named natural treatments. But, it is recommended to do so just after seeking advice from a health expert.
Ectopic pregnancy is a disorder of pregnancy that happens when the fertilized egg gets implanted in other parts of the female reproductive system, instead of the uterus. In most of the cases, the egg gets implanted in the fallopian tubes. Serious pain in the lower right abdominal area throughout pregnancy is typically caused due to ectopic pregnancy.
Intestinal obstruction can be treated with surgical procedures. Although there is no cure for irritable bowel syndrome, there are medications that help in reducing the symptoms. People are also advised to stay away from factors that activate off this condition in order to prevent it from repeating.
Symptoms: Lower abdominal pain, diarrhea, constipation, changes in bowel habits, fever, etc., are the symptoms of diverticulitis.
Any type of cancer of stomach may give rise to a lot of gastric problems like excessive belching, nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain, etc. A proper treatment is the only way to get rid of burping in such a case.
Apart from the diet changes, you also need to make changes in your lifestyle. It is recommended to have smaller sized and regular meals (4-5/ day) rather than opting for 2 bigger ones in order to enhance food digestion. Second of all, you should not lie down or sleep right away after having meals as it can interfere with the process of digestion. It is better to have meals 1-2 hours prior to rest or any exercise.
- Pain in the lower quadrant of the abdomen can be caused due to various reasons.
- In most of the cases, it is caused due to an injury or a disorder in any of the vital organs situated in the abdomen.
- However, there can also be other underlying causes.
- Injury An injury that is a result of a blow to the left rib cage can also trigger pain in lower left rib.
- Sports related injuries, involving the ribs in video games like rugby, battling, soccer and American football are common.
- Injury such as falling on the chest can also hurt the ribs.
- Chest injuries might lead to broken ribs, significance (most of the times) cracks develop in the injured ribs.
- The discomfort experienced may be dull or intense, relying on the intensity of the injury.
Before spending money on Hemorrhoid remedies, visit our site today to learn more about How Do You Get Hemroids in addition to a variety of articles on topics such as: Hemorrhoid Lotion. Our site will address your concerns about hemorrhoids and their treatment.
Causes These were some of the main causes, out of which Crohn's disease and diverticulitis are the most important and the most serious of all the causes. Hence, a person who is suffering from these problems needs to be very careful.
Burning in the stomach is an unpleasant, sharp, stabbing feeling in the abdominal region. This burning sensation in the abdominal area is generally credited to discomfort in the stomach but the pain might be caused by any organ in the stomach, like the pancreas, kidneys, appendix, intestinal tracts, or the gallbladder.
Eating Too Fast and/or Overeating
Due to a busy lifestyle, many a time, people do not have the time to eat in leisure. Eating too fast ought to be avoided as it can cause a bloated stomach. At times, we skip our meals, and when we do eat, we tend to overeat. This burdens the digestive system causing a bloated feeling in the stomach.
Blocking or blocking of the intestines frequently results in abdominal discomfort. The factor is blocked intestines interfere with the flow of fluids, solids, and gases in the stomach. This triggers discomfort in the intestinal region, which typically exacerbates after eating.
- Pancreatitis: Pancreatitis is inflammation of the pancreas, and the pain can be aching or burning.
- Other symptoms experienced during pancreatitis are nausea, vomiting, pain radiating on the back, and intensifying of pain after a meal.
Mint leaves are an outstanding remedy for an upset stomach and gas. If possible, chew on 3-4 fresh mint leaves after a meal. If you can not get fresh mint leaves, you can opt for different mint or peppermint products that are available in the market.