Medications Used To Treat Ibs: Tightness in Stomach
Tightness in stomach can be referred to as an abdominal discomfort felt on account of stomach discomfort, stomach cramping or even stand bloating. It is very difficult to pinpoint what exactly is a tight stomach, as different people experience it in different ways.
According to ayurveda not to sleep at noon and making late nights are strictly prohibited. The patient is asked not to watch TELEVISION for a prolonged time. They need to take light exercise everyday and all negative thoughts must be driven away from the mind. Light yogic exercises and relaxation techniques should be followed.
Why Does Your Stomach Feel Tight?
The problem could be due to. Incorrect Eating Habits Individuals who indulge in overindulging often experience discomfort in stomach after eating. Eating foods which are very spicy or oily, can lead to this condition. Eating at wrong times, such as late nights or in the middle of the night, can sometimes cause abdominal pain too. Excessive consumption of alcohol is another cause behind this.
Results in Electrolyte Imbalance
The stimulant laxatives in unprocessed aloe vera juice can cause dehydration, and electrolyte imbalance with regular use. The drop in the potassium levels in the blood leads to weakness, and irregular heartbeats.
- Hope this article has made one thing clear in your mind, that you must not get alarmed when your period is delayed.
- As you can see, the medical problems accountable for missed period need proper treatment.
- On the other hand, for the non medical reasons, changes in lifestyle can bring back the normal cycle.
Infants and toddlers also have the tendency to suffer from difficult bowel movements, mostly due to the intake of certain child foods and products, or when their diet changes from breastfeeding to baby formula. One might discover the condition of hard bowel movements in infants and young children when they strain uncomfortably while passing motion, and also when the motion they pass is large and hard. They may deal with this problem for the following reasons. Apart from these causes, lack of fibrous foods and exercise are also appropriate to the causes of this condition in infants as well as in toddlers.
Keep in mind, yellow bowel movement is related with indigestion of food. With way of life modifications such as regular exercise, these digestive concerns can be eliminated. However, defecating black stools can not be ignored as it is a sign of internal bleeding which requires immediate medical treatment.
- Other parasite signs also include the irritable bowel syndrome leads to a host of other ailments.
- Often the irritable bowel syndrome also leads to heavy stools.
- Joint and muscle pains are also common parasite symptoms.
- The pain is peaceful similar to that of arthritis.
- It also results in tissue damage and sometimes it effects the proper functioning of immune system.
- Other parasite symptoms also lead to loss of blood or anemia to develop within the body.
From a physiological perspective, IBS can in some cases develop through exaggerated contractions of the muscles in the intestinal tract walls; after a gastrointestinal infection; through specific food intolerances; a lack of dietary fibre; and through eating meals at irregular intervals.
- Is very important to note, that this list of negative effects of aloe vera is based on medical and other research study.
- There is no definitive evidence to prove the health advantages, or negative effects of aloe vera juice.
- Most of the side effects are because of an overdose or improper use.
- Some individuals who are allergic to foods like onions and garlic, may be allergic to aloe vera also.
- If you are struggling with an allergy or side effects, then stop consuming aloe vera right away, and seek medical help as soon as you can.
- Likewise, if you are on any medication or deal with any health condition, then seek the medical professional's advise before having aloe vera juice.
- Causes and Treatment Discomfort on lower left side of abdomen is plainly caused by indigestion and irritable bowel syndrome (IBS).
- Apart from these, there are a number of other conditions that can cause this symptom.
A low-fat diet is often recommended to manage IBS. As fried foods are high in saturated fats, they can not be included in low-fat diet. Be it french fries, potato chips or fried chicken, they are loaded with saturated fats, hence can aggravate IBS.
When it comes to treating common ailments, we run helter-skelter to look for over the counter medication. Very few of us in fact go for natural remedies that are certainly more reliable and provide immediate relief. Talking about natural solutions to some common diseases and one simply can not forget to mention about peppermint oil capsules. The essential oil is extracted from the plant and when taken in supplemental kind may help to treat a wide range of medical problems, as learnt through preliminary studies.
Signs of Infrequent Defecation Some of the signs of irregular bowel are: Home Remedies for Irregular Bowel Movements
Irritable bowel syndrome or IBS is a common problem of the modern society. Individuals who are inflicted with it may feel colic, belching, bloating, heaviness in abdomen, frequent desire to go to toilet, recurring constipation or diarrhoea. All the time the patient is anxious to brood over the matter that he has been suffering from a major ailment. But it is absolutely a wrong idea. IBS is simple problem that can be treated successfully with the help of ayurveda.IBS patients are generally anxious hence they need proper counselling and they need to be treated with proper affection and care. It is noted sometimes that the members of the family of the patient never ever try to take the problem of the affected person seriously and turn a deaf ear to his problems as a result the patient suffers from severe depression and the condition get the better of him. Ladies are frequent victims of IBS but adult males can be affected too.
Irritable Bowel Syndrome Ayurvedic Treatment, IBS Natural Cure
http://www.planetayurveda.com/ayurvedic-treatment-for-IBS-irritable-bowel-syndrome.htm Vataskadi Churna- ...
Celiac disease is caused due to gluten or wheat intolerance where the lining of the small intestinal tract can not tolerate the existence of gluten, hence digestion gets severely affected. This, in turn leads to diarrhea-- stool that has a greenish-blue color which also smells nasty.
With the appeal of aloe vera on the rise, and numerous companies marketing the various health benefits of this miracle herb, little is known about the negative effects of the aloe vera extracts. The gel and leaves, that are utilized for making cosmetic, food and health products, are obtained from the Aloe Barbadensis Miller plant, which is the only kind of aloe vera plant from which substantial, clear gel extracts can be taken. The transparent, clear gel, within the succulent aloe leaves has been utilized for thousands of years to treat skin problems, wounds and burns.
Diarrhea Diarrhea is a stomach problem in which the stools end up being very watery and their frequency increases considerably. If a tight stomach is accompanied by signs such as, loose stools, abdominal pain, headaches, nausea, fever and blood in stools, the reason might be diarrhea.
Lipase is an Enzyme Concerned With the Digestion of Fats
It is a water-soluble enzyme that plays a crucial role in digestion, and the processing and transportation of lipids in the human body. There are several types of lipases, which pancreatic lipase is the most common lipase found in the human digestive tract.
Reduce consumption of high-protein foods, and focus more on eating fresh high-fiber foods. These simple dietary changes can help to reduce production of hydrogen sulfide, in turn reducing the rotten egg odor from your burps. Sugary products, like pastries, cakes, and chocolates, must also be avoided to prevent bouts of sulfur burps.
Causes Part of the Digestion Process: A point to note is that both the stomach and the intestine do produce noises every now and then, but luckily we do not hear this sound as it is not audible. The stomach and the intestinal muscles need to contract properly in order to push the food forward. Also, the breakdown of fats takes place inside the stomach. All these processes do make some noise, which many times is not audible. Nevertheless, this may not be true for every individual. So, noise in the stomach with no pain does not necessarily indicate disturbances in the digestive system. It could well mean that everything is fine and the stomach is only performing its job of promoting digestion.
Tortuous Sigmoid Colon
Also referred to as redundant colon, here, the colon is longer than it is supposed to be. Sometimes, due to the enlarged size, the sigmoid colon has the tendency to twist and causes blockages resulting in pain.
- Sigmoid Volvulus It is a condition where the sigmoid colon twists upon itself and results in obstruction.
- Many a time, this needs to be corrected through medical assistance.
Tightness of stomach, nausea, bloating in pregnancy is quite common as long as it is not serious. If the conditions become extreme, i.e., abdominal pain during pregnancy in addition to discomfort in stomach becomes severe, it is advised to seek advice from an obstetrician immediately. Tightness in stomach caused due to an injury can be cured by resting the stomach and avoiding any activity which puts undue pressure on the stomach muscles.
Treatment For dealing with a tight stomach caused due to wrong kind of consuming habits, refraining from spicy, oily foods and eating in small amounts is the key. Eating a well-balanced diet with high fiber foods, help in reducing the gas, burping and the stomach tightness symptoms. Drinking lots of fluids including 10-12 glasses of water per day, helps in making the digestive process faster and thus, reduces the tightness in stomach. Exercising everyday is the key to better digestion and basic overall health, so form a routine of the exact same, as soon as possible.
Intestinal Pain after Eating Intestinal pain provides an agonizing feeling throughout the abdominal cavity. This pain is generally activated by some problems related to the digestion system. The type and severity vary according to the underlying cause. Often, it is felt as a...
- Prior to reaching for your medication cabinet, you can try for some natural home remedy to treat irregular or delayed bowel movements.
- Making a couple of way of life changes can help in eliminating this condition.
- Constipation is caused by consumption of high protein and low fiber foods.
- A high fiber diet can help in decreasing both constipation and diarrhea.
- Irregular bowel movement is more common in people who lead a sedentary way of life.
- Making some lifestyle as well as dietary changes can be extremely helpful in alleviating irregular defecation.
- Drinking six to 8 glasses of water every day.
- Consist of more fiber in your diet plan and take part in physical activities as it can assist in regulating bowel movements.
- Stay healthy!
Tightness in stomach triggered due to irritable bowel syndrome, also known as spastic colon, can be cured by following a spastic colon diet plan. Foods containing magnesium, such as green leafy vegetables, foods rich in folic acid, such as whole wheat breads and cereals, foods rich in vitamin B6, such as beans, peas and carrots, must be undertaken.
- Get more information on ayurvedic treatment for irritable bowel syndrome.
- Have a look at this link for more ayurveda treatments for common diseases. "
Medicines If you are often taking sulfur-containing medicines or sulfa drugs that are commonly used as antibiotics, then there is a higher chance of you dealing with sulfur burps. When you buy any medication, examine the prescription label appropriately. In case you notice the word 'sulfur' in any of the ingredients, taking that medication can certainly give you those bad-smelling burps.
- Consuming more foods with fiber like fresh or dried fruits, vegetables, and whole-grain cereals.
- You can include a small amount of brain to baked products, cereal, or fruit that you consume that may not have much fiber naturally.
- Although changing the quantity of fiber in your diet plan may cause some bloating and gas in the beginning, the body will adapt.
- You can use fiber items like psyllium seed which is sold in grocery stores.
Factors Behind Gurgling Intestines
The gurgling noise occurs in the little intestine when the digestive tract muscles contract to move food and digestion juices down the intestinal tract. Sometimes, cravings can also cause gurgling, due to the fact that when a person is hungry, the brain indicates the intestines to contract in anticipation of food.
This is one of the significant causes of pelvic pain in ladies. Ectopic pregnancy is an abnormality or issue in pregnancy that occurs when the fertilized egg is placed in any other place, than the uterine wall. The exact cause of ectopic pregnancy is unknown, but, it can be life-threatening, if not diagnosed and treated immediately.
Studies done by the National Toxicology Program (NTP), have actually found carcinogenic activity in rats that took in decolorized extracts of a whole leaf of aloe vera. Although the studies have not been shown in human beings, the possibility of a carcinogenic danger in humans can not be dismissed. Intake of aloe vera juice is associated with the threat of colorectal cancer.
You could also have a talk with a nutritionist who can give you the right recommendations regarding this subject. What this individual generally does is to eliminate from your diet all foods that are known to cause this problem and introduce them to your diet one after the other. This will help the food nutrition expert to figure out which foods are causing the problem in your case. It is absolutely necessary to get tailored service for your problem else you will never be free of this condition which is in any case incurable.
According to medical studies, there is no physiological damage in the bowel portion of a client suffering from IBS. Thus, the treatment is mainly focused on reducing the associated signs. Effective treatment includes, changes in lifestyle (especially diet), proper stress management, and medications. The doctor may prescribe medicines relying on the manifested symptoms, a few of which are mentioned below: The use of antispasmodic and antidepressant medications is debatable, as these formulations may get worse constipation. Besides the medication that we have discussed, the patient will be asked to follow a diet that contains high fiber, lots of fruits, and vegetables. Dietary fiber assists in regulating bowel movements without any side effects. Other self-care tips for getting relief are hot bath, and placing heating pads over the abdominal portion.
Causes Bacterial Infections There are some quantities of bacteria that exist in our digestive system, however these do not interfere with the functions of digestion. However, at times, the quantity of germs can pound in our systems and cause ill results on our digestion. To deal with this issue, the body produces more mucus so that it can trap the bacteria. Therefore bacterial growth in the gastrointestinal system typically leads to an over production of mucus.
- Irregularity Constipation is a term utilized to describe 2 conditions: passing very hard stool, or inability to pass stool regularly.
- A diet plan that lacks fiber, stress, and dehydration, are the most typical causes of this.
- Pain in the abdominal area, cramps, discomfort, etc., are the symptoms of constipation.
- Treatment There are easy changes in diet plan and physical activity that can assist treat constipation.
- It is important that caretakers assist in and encourage these changes.
Causes Here are some of the conditions that can trigger bowel blockage: Symptoms Here are some of the symptoms of this condition: Diagnosis
Eliminating Sulfur Burps
Medications Taking Pepto-Bismol tablets can work wonders to cure sulfur burps. The medication assists in absorbing hydrogen sulfide from the colon, which works to ease the condition. Its ability to soak up hydrogen sulfide has made it one of the most sought-after remedy for sulfur burps. One can also use Mylanta, an antacid, to get rid of these bad-smelling burps. Medications, such as Zegerid, Prevacid, and Prilosec, that help to reduce the production of stomach acids, may also help to stop this problem. All these medications are formulated to alleviate symptoms of heartburn and relieve indigestion.
The impacted person experiences any of the aforementioned symptoms and if the doctors believe it to be bowel obstruction, different diagnostic tests along with physical examination are conducted to confirm the disease. In the physical examination, the medical professionals look for various signs such as bowel sounds. The bowel is known to make gurgling and growling sound at random times. The doctors checks for bowel noise utilizing stethoscope. If the loud noise or no noise is heard then bowel obstruction is confirmed. To reconfirm, the abdominal X-ray or CT scan is studied to determine the presence of an obstruction. After that the test called barium enema is carried out to see the place of the obstruction.
Consumption of Gas Formation Foods
Those suffering from pot belly, due to excessive intestinal tract gas, need to modify their diet. There are certain foods that can worsen this problem, as they are well-known for producing gas in the stomach. Exclusion of these gassy foods from the diet, can surely provide relief from excess gas build up. Some of the gas-producing foods that have to be avoided are cabbage, cauliflower and broccoli.
- Fibromyalgia It is a condition that results in musculoskeletal pain, along with fatigue, insomnia, mood swings, and memory lapses.
- It's exact cause is unknown, but scientists speculate that it may be psychological, genetic, and environmental too.
- It can not be cured, but its symptoms can be managed with the help of medications and therapy.
- Colostomy The surgical procedure that includes connecting a part of the colon onto the anterior wall of the abdomen is called colostomy.
- This is done in case of severe damage to the bowel.
- The function of this surgery is to form an opening called stoma at the end of the large intestine.
- After colostomy, feces leave the client's body through the abdomen.
- The colostomy can be either temporary or permanent depending upon the reasons behind this surgery.
- The stoma can be permanent in case of bowel cancer or serious injury.
- It is short-lived in case of bowel infection, stab or injuries, or inflammation.
- Colostomy is required in diseases such as Crohn's disease, bowel cancer, blocked bowel, diverticulitis, or a serious injury to the bowel.
- Too much of gassy foods in the diet can also trigger frequent, louder rumbling sounds from the stomach.
- The amount of growling activity in the stomach is dependent on just how much gas is being released during digestion.
- The more the gas production, higher will be the chances of regular growling sounds from the stomach.
- So, minimizing consumption of gassy foods can also help to reduce the episodes of recurring stomach noises.
Impaired Digestion: Inability to digest food properly can also cause persistent noise in the stomach. Constant growling sound in the stomach and pain has often been attributed to digestion problems. For example, if the ingested food does not come in contact with digestive enzymes and stomach acids. This can happen when the movement of food through the gastrointestinal tract is so fast that it does not allow digestive juices to communicate with the ingested food. In some cases, the stomach muscles that contract and relax to push food, do not work properly.
Due to impaired capability of abdominal muscle, the food remains in the stomach for a longer amount of time, eventually disturbing the digestion process. Lack of digestive enzymes and stomach acids is yet another factor that contributes to bad digestion. Certain digestive enzymes that aid in digestion are produced by the pancreas. Medical problems like pancreatitis that is marked by inflammation of pancreas and abdominal pain can lower the production of stomach acid and affect digestion. People with pancreatic problems often suffer from diarrhea, bloating and gas.
Lot of are unaware of that the symptoms of hazardous black mold mimic countless symptoms of other health conditions. This makes it hard for medical professionals to identify if the symptoms are in fact a manifestation of living in a mold-infested house, or do they show other common medical conditions. The different symptoms triggered by harmful mold have been described below. It is necessary to know that if an individual experiences a combination of such signs, then instant medical intervention is required.