Irritable Bowel Syndrome Natural Cure: Lower Stomach Pain in Men
Lower stomach pain, or stomach pain as it is most commonly referred to, usually originates in the intestines and urinary tract of men. The symptoms of this discomfort in men usually range in seriousness, from being really mild to severe intense cramping. There are a range of causes for this pain. Here is a look at some of the most common causes of abdominal pain in men.
In this condition, the intestine is not in a position to work effectively and the reasons are plenty, varying from existence of ulcers to the swelling of the lining of the intestine. Although there are different types of intestinal disorders, the common symptoms associated with poor intestinal function are abdominal pain, frequent or irregular defecation, and bad appetite. Some of the common gastrointestinal disorders that can cause green defecation are given below: Food Poisoning.
- Bloating is caused by irritable bowel syndrome, the use of the herb 'fennel' can be helpful.
- Fennel tea is said to work wonders on both bloating as well as gas.
- There are anti-gas as well as antispasmodic properties in fennel.
- One other solution to treat irritable bowel syndrome is to increase the consumption of soluble fiber.
- Husk, oatmeal, bran, etc. are some of the options that can be of use.
- Soft drinks are also the culprits when it comes to irritable bowel syndrome.
- Therefore, people who suffer from irritable bowel syndrome need to eliminate soft drinks from their diet plan.
Magnesium and Irregularity
A person is stated to suffer from irregularity when he does not pass stools for more than three times a week, or has difficulty in passing stools because of its tough consistency. Irregularity can be caused due to several factors like having a diet lacking in fiber, not consuming sufficient amount of water, struggling with diseases like irritable bowel syndrome, etc. Colon takes in water which hardens the stools, leading to constipation. At the very same time, rigid or sluggish colon walls also hinder the motion of stools, causing irregularity. All these conditions can be gotten rid of by taking magnesium including medications.
Reasons for Lower Stomach Pain in Men Kidney Stones: Although it affects women as well, kidney stones in men are a common occurrence. Also referred to as nephrolithiasis, they are symptomized by extreme lower stomach pain and excruciating spasms which affect the back and the groin area. This is often accompanied by fever, chills, nausea, and blood in the urine. The occurrence is often attributed to diseases such as urinary tract infections (UTI), certain medication, or an improper diet. The usual treatment consists of adequate hydration and workouts to pass off the stones. However, for the more severe cases, extracorporeal shock wave lithotripsy method is used to break off the larger kidney stones into smaller sizes, which can easily be passed off through the urethra.
- Flaxseed Flaxseeds include omega-3 fatty acids.
- It attracts water in the bowel and breaks down the tough stools, making it easier to excrete them.
- It is extremely important to drink a sufficient amount of water for this treatment to work.
- It is always better to use seeds instead of flaxseed oil because the seeds add necessary bulk to the stools, thereby facilitating passage of stools.
- Grinding the seeds before consumption will be more effective as powdered form contains more fiber than the seeds.
- Soluble Fiber - This is digested easily by our bodies Insoluble Fiber - Our bodies can not digest this type.
- Soluble Fibre Foods
Bloating and Gas
Diarrhea Constipation Stomach cramps or pain Mucous in stool Not everyone will experience all of the symptoms noted here, and you might just experience one or two of these symptoms. It's still important to talk to your doctor to determine what's going on with IBS symptoms and how you can get relief. * IBS symptoms aren't necessarily dangerous and this condition rarely triggers permanent damage, but the simple inconvenience and discomfort of symptoms are enough to warrant looking for medical help or looking to natural remedies for relief. *.
Oats Barley Rye Fruit consisting of apples and bananas Carrots and potatoes Insoluble Fibre Foods Cereals Bran
This condition can be handled with the help of supplements. People with extremely low levels of pancreatic lipase can take advantage of the enzyme supplements. Improper or inadequate digestion of fats can cause numerous health issue. Lipase plays an extremely important function in this regard by breaking down fats into fatty acids and glycerol. For this, emulsification of fats is essential, as this enzyme can deal with emulsified fats. The emulsification of fats is done by bile secreted by the liver.
- People affected by this condition might experience right abdominal discomfort, nausea, vomiting, indigestion, flatulence, etc.
- These symptoms could be triggered by consumption of a fatty meal.
- As you can see, intestinal cramps might signal some serious underlying health issues that need to be addressed.
- So look for medical help for a proper diagnosis and treatment, to prevent further complications.
- Appendicitis Appendix is a 3.5 inch long tube extending from the large intestine.
- An inflamed appendix can also be responsible for causing a sharp abdominal pain.
- Pain or discomfort may develop due to a blockage in the appendix.
- In the initial stages, the pain is experienced around the belly button, but this may spread to the right lower abdomen.
- Pain could also be accompanied by other signs such as nausea, vomiting or fever.
- If left untreated, inflamed appendix might burst and the contents may spill over into the abdominal cavity.
- This might lead to swelling in the lining of the stomach cavity.
- There might be a time when you suddenly experience cramping or discomfort in your stomach; after eating, or after resting, etc.
- The pain may also be accompanied with other signs.
- If this condition is knowledgeable often, it is necessary to discover the underlying cause of it.
- It can be disease or condition related to the stomach, liver, kidneys, or other organs located in the body.
Lots of people are unaware that chewing gum causes a lot of air to be swallowed. For this reason, if a person is susceptible to bloating, he should reduce his habit of chewing gum. Artificial sweeteners also cause bloating, therefore, their use should be restricted to a bare minimum.
Our human body is a host to huge selection of microorganisms. Some of these organisms may trigger harm to your body, while others actually benefit you in many ways. Probiotic bacteria are a species of beneficial bacteria which live in the human gut and assist in digestive function, amongst other functions. These bacteria are naturally present in the intestinal tract and thrive thereby competing with 1000 other bacterial species. Often, the population of these bacteria diminishes owing to some reason. During such times, prebiotics can help in restoring probiotic germs.
Choledocholithiasis The presence of one or more gallstones in the common bile duct (the duct into which the cystic duct releases bile) is referred to as choledocholithiasis. Such a condition may block bile and the stagnant bile may cause cholangitis (inflammation of the bile duct).
Hot bath or a heating pad might help in relieving you of pain. A brisk walk or some form of exercise can help in easing gas. Even if a walk or exercise is not able to rid you of the gas, you can try lying on your left side with your legs pulled up to your chest. This will create tension on the abdomen and relieve you of gas and its discomfort as well.
Prebiotics on the other hand are carbs of the type 'fructo-oligosaccharides'. These are essentially brief chained sugar molecules, which contain fructose. Prebiotics are indigestible fibers which offer nourishment to probiotics. As these sugar molecules can not be broken down, they are directly carried to the bowels, where probiotics can feed on them. Asparagus, garlic, onions, berries, bananas, tomatoes, spinach, kale, chard, mustard greens, lentils, whole grains, oats, barley and wheat are some prebiotic sources.
- Extreme Iron Too much iron in the diet can also lead to green defecation.
- This side effect related to the color of the stool is often observed in clients put on iron supplements.
It is a type of purgative herb that can provide relief from irregularity. It is considered as the safest amongst all purgative herbs, because other herbs of this category cause forceful elimination of the wastes from the body, aggravating the lining of intestines. These herbs should not be used on a daily basis.
Nervous stomach can be really stressful when a person has an important event coming up like an interview, a discussion, or a business meeting. To control nervousness and associated stomach pains in such instances, one can use the tips mentioned below so that the problem can be handled in a much better way. Tension, anxiety and depression definitely contribute to a nervous stomach ache. In most cases, the stomach ache is temporary, however, when it takes up a persistent form, it is time to go to a doctor.
How to Treat Irritable Bowel Syndrome
If you like this video please subscribe my channel for more videos. Thanks! Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) is a disorder that causes a variety of symptoms such ...
- Valuable Remedies Worried stomach ache can be managed with medication and specific lifestyle changes.
- Managing a Nervous Stomach
Guaiac Test: This test includes putting stool sample over a piece of paper that has a thin coating of guaiac. 1-2 drops of hydrogen peroxide are then added to the sample. If discoloration in the stool appears, then one can say that blood is present.
- Fibre Issues Fiber intake can cause problems for those of us who deal with IBS and we can help our conditions by modifying this amount.
- There are two main kinds of fibre in our diets:
Apart from the food, beverages, and medications, there are some serious medical conditions which can be delegated chronic indigestion. They are: stomach ulcers, gastrointestinal diseases, inflammation of the gallbladder (cholecystitis), swelling in the stomach lining (or gastritis), pancreatitis, appendicitis, Crohn's illness, and cardiac ischemia or insufficient supply of oxygen to the heart.
Alternative Measures in Aiding Irritable Bowel Syndrome There are several alternative treatments that will help the symptoms of irritable bowel syndrome. These alternative treatments are not authorized by physicians, for the absence of scientific evidence in dealing with IBS. Nevertheless, many clients...
Colon Cancer: It refers to the development of cancerous growth in the colon, rectum, and appendix. It is in fact one of the most common causes of cancer related deaths in America. Colonoscopy or chemotherapy are a few of the popular methods of relieving colon cancer. A change in the bowel habits, gastrointestinal bleeding, constipation, bloating, and diarrhea are some of the common symptoms that accompany lower stomach pain caused by the development of the cancerous growth.
Blood in Stool
Medical diagnosis Stool Color: The color of the stool drastically changes, if there is red blood in stool. The stool appears bright red and the consulting the doctor is important to detect the condition. However, when there is blood in feces, it does not means that stool color will always appear red. Bleeding in the intestines can also cause bowel evacuation that gives rise to black, tarry stools. This unusual stool color that lasts for more than 2 days is certainly not regular and consulting a physician is necessary as it may be a symptom of disorder, involving the large intestine or gallbladder.
- Usually, foods that are low in fiber cause irregularity.
- Therefore, it is important to ensure that you avoid foods that are low in fiber.
- Cut down on the intake of the following food items:In addition to the aforementioned remedial measures, you should also follow self-care tips.
- Fix a particular time for defecation every day to minimize the risk of passing hardened stool.
- Follow the right lifestyle choices.
- Exercise regularly and refrain from the intake of junk food items.
Probiotics For Irritable Bowel Syndrome Another possible treatment for irritable bowel syndrome is the use of probiotics. IBS is related to discomfort in the gastrointestinal tract. This is just the area that probiotics concentrate on. Probiotics are living pressures of bacteria that flourish in the digestive tract. These beneficial types of germs assist with digestion and produce vitamins. If the balance of the digestive tract flora is off, it can cause numerous uncomfortable symptoms, consisting of those associated with IBS. Taking probiotic supplements either on a regular basis or as a remedy when signs style up can offer remedy for this type of discomfort.
Foods to Prevent
There are certain foods which can substantially aggravate the condition. These consist of foods rich in fats and spicy food products. Other foods to prevent with an irritable bowel syndrome consist of: Fructose: A natural sugar extracted from fruits, fructose is often utilized as cane sugar replacement. People dealing with spastic colon and fructose intolerance should avoid eating fructose rich fruits and juices.
Nuts and seeds.
You must try and avoid all of the insoluble fibre foods if you suffer from IBS. If you suffer from IBS with constipation then you should try and increase the amount of soluble fiber foods in your diet.
Using senna is not recommended for children below 12 years of age. People with chronic gastrointestinal problems like Crohn's disease, ulcerative colitis, hemorrhoids, or appendicitis should not use it. If you have a medical history of allergies, consult your doctor before taking it. Also, this herb could connect with drugs such as birth control pills, digoxin, estrogens, warfarin, water pills, etc., or herbs such as horsetail, licorice, and other stimulant laxative herbs. So, do notify your healthcare provider or herbal practitioner about preexisting medical conditions or other drugs that you are taking presently.
Difference Between Probiotics and Prebiotics While probiotics have been in use for quite a very long time, prebiotics are a recent addition in the market that work to the health and well-being of an individual. By the way, many people do not know the exact difference between the two and may assume one for the other.
- Ways to Consume.
- Take tsp. rhubarb root cast 3 times a day.
- You can also add 1 tbsp. of the herb to 2 cups of water and drink the extract followed by another glass of water.
- The visible symptoms are lower stomach discomfort, excess gas or bloating, diarrhea, irregularity, nausea, and dizziness.
- Also, these signs might be reoccurring or disappear after a couple of days.
- In most patients with this intestinal tract condition, either diarrhea or constipation is a predominant symptom.
- At times, an individual may experience alternating diarrhea and constipation.
Discomfort or discomfort in the abdominal area is one of the most common symptoms of gas. This discomfort is typically described as a jabbing, cramp-like pain. The strength of the pain largely depends upon the amount of gas trapped in the colon. It can be felt in any part of the abdominal cavity. In some cases, the pain may even be referred towards the chest cavity. The pain might be intermittent. At times, excessive gas might be a sign of a digestive condition. For instance, a sharp, cramp-like pain might be experienced when the gas gets caught in the flexures or the bends in the big intestinal tract. When the gas is trapped in the bend that lies under the spleen, the impacted individual is identified with splenic flexure syndrome.
- For dealing with discomfort in stomach caused due to diarrhea, following the BRAT diet plan for diarrhea is very necessary.
- A person suffering from diarrhea must eat BRAT foods, i.e. bananas, rice, applesauce and toast.
- Besides that, for diarrhea and upset stomach, correctly cooked vegetables having high fluid content need to be carried out.
- Treatment As discussed above, there can be several severe causes of pelvic pain on right side.
- But, one must remember that all these causes can be effectively treated.
- Treatment of ectopic pregnancy depends on the location of the egg and also the condition of the female.
- Laparoscopy and surgical treatment are two major treatment methods used to treat ectopic pregnancy.
- Treatment of chronic bacterial prostatitis depends on its severity.
- However, antibiotics are the only effective methods of treating it.
Ways to Consume
Swallow 1 tbsp. whole seeds, followed by 2 cups of water. Or, mix 1 tablespoon. ground flaxseeds with 2 cups of water and drink. Drink plenty of water at regular intervals for better results. If you want to use flaxseed oil for easing constipation, mix 1 tbsp. flaxseed oil with low-fat yogurt. You can add tsp. honey for a better taste. Take this mixture 1 hour before bedtime for better outcomes.
- Barley Barley is also promoted as a good laxative.
- It contains 6 grams of fiber, out of which 1.5 grams are soluble fibers and the remaining 4.5 grams are insoluble.
- The insoluble fiber soften the stool, making it more large, thereby helping it move easily through the digestive tract.
Irregularity is a condition that is characterized by difficult evacuation of the bowel due to hardening of stool. It is a common illness that causes a host of distressing signs such as infrequent bowel movements, bloating, abdominal pain, feeling of incomplete evacuation of the bowel, etc. Since the fecal matter ends up being very hard and dry, the lining of the rectum and rectum may get damaged during bowel movement, thus leading to pain, bleeding, or hemorrhoids.
Aloe Vera Juice
An effective home remedy for softening stool is consuming aloe vera juice. According to medical research, aloe vera juice includes anthraquinone glycosides, which are active components of most laxatives.
- Pain During the first couple of days after the surgery, patients will face significant amounts of pain and abdominal pain.
- This is since the organs have been shifted internally during the surgery to remove the gallbladder.
- The CO2 gas is also responsible for the pain felt in the right shoulder and right side of the abdomen.
- However, this pain subsides within a week or so.
- If an open surgical treatment was carried out, the injury will take few weeks to heal.
- Laughing, coughing, sneezing, etc. put pressure on the stitches and end up being painful.
- For laparoscopy, soreness will be felt around the entry points, which need to alleviate in a couple of days.
- Painkillers are prescribed to decrease the pain, however, some painkillers again have associated adverse effects.
- Ways to Consume.
- Mix the seeds in 8 ounces of water.
- Have a glass of water after consuming the mixture.
Case the website of bleeding is anywhere in the little intestine or the stomach, black defecation is the likely outcome. When the blood from the small intestinal tract reaches the big intestine, there it combines with the excellent bacteria. By the time, the blood from the large intestinal tracts reaches the anus, the bacteria stimulate breakdown of blood into its fundamental elements that are black in color. Thus, stools that combine with this blood (that is broken down into its black constituents) appear tarry black.
The term 'acalculous cholecystopathy' describes gallbladder diseases which are not associated with gallstones. Biliary dyskinesia is a motility disorder which is characterized by abnormal gallbladder emptying. This occurs when the gallbladder is not able to contract properly. Gallbladder function could also get adversely affected if the sphincter of Oddi, which is the valve through which bile flows to the small intestine, doesn't function properly.
Mineral oil is often considered as one of the most effective treatments for temporary treatment of constipation. After mineral oil gets in the body, it lubricates the stool and helps in smooth waste excretion without inflaming the rectum and anus.
Sodium bicarbonate has an instant recovery effect on the stomach. You need to prepare a solution by mixing up one teaspoonful of baking soda in a cup of warm water. Drink this mix and it will begin showing results within 15 minutes. If needed, you can have it one more time after 2-3 hours.