Symptoms Accompanying Gas Pain
Excessive buildup of gas in the digestive tract is often observed in people who follow a diet that is rich in complex carbohydrates or insoluble dietary fiber. The major reason behind flatulence is bacterial fermentation of certain complex sugars such as raffinose, starches, stachyose, sorbitol, etc., in the colon. Excessive gas could also be attributed to aerophagia (swallowing excess air), which in turn may be attributed to eating food hastily, especially without chewing it effectively. Prolonged use of antibiotics, misuse of laxatives, and intolerance towards gluten, lactose, or synthetic food additives could also be the reason behind excessive gas.
Dos and Do N'ts.
The treatment of flatulence usually includes the use of antacids, digestive enzymes, simethicone, bismuth subsalicylate, activated charcoal supplements, etc. Following certain measures will certainly show beneficial.
Apart from these, food allergy or intolerance, flatulence, celiac disease, diverticulitis, Crohn's disease, kidney stone, gallstones, ectopic pregnancy, menstrual cramps, etc., are a few of the other potential causes that can not be ignored. Recognizing the underlying cause is essential; and hence, the first thing you need to do is to speak with the doctor immediately.
Irritable Bowel Syndrome with Constipation
http://www.strandsofmylife.com/inspired Those with irritable bowel syndrome suffer either from constipation or diarrhoea or a combination of both. Watch the ...
- During IBS, person may switch between diarrhea and constipation.
- People with diarrhea face frequent, watery, loose stool which are hard to control.
- They will have an urgent need to have a bowel movement.
- Whereas, people with constipation may find hard to pass stool or usually have few defecation.
- They often feel the need to pass stool.
- People with constipation might feel the cramps with bowel movement.
- For some people symptoms may get worse opponent few days or weeks and then gradually decrease whereas in some symptoms are present most of the time.
- There are opportunities the individual suffering from IBS lose his/her appetite.
Diagnosis and Treatment.
Finding out the exact cause behind this issue is a challenging task. This is since the characteristics of different types of intestinal discomfort are very similar to each other. Even the accompanying symptoms can not be distinguished quickly from one another. Initially, the doctor attempts to identify the trigger by physical examination of the abdomen and studying the nature of the pain. Then different laboratory tests, such as, radiological tests, endoscopy, etc. are done to validate their findings.
Apart from prescribing the usual medications required for pain relief, doctors deal with the underlying infection or any other disease, responsible for the pain. Foods high in fiber must be included in the meals in order to enhance the defecation. Drinking of plenty of water and other liquids are also recommended. There are some limitations concerning the food to be eaten by the patient. One ought to keep away from fatty foods, spicy foods, citrus fruits, caffeine, alcohol, carbonated beverages, etc.
- Diagnosis There is no clear test to identify if you are suffering from this condition.
- However, your GP will search for signs of typical IBS signs and also ask you to undergo a physical examination.
- First: Fiber that is incompletely or slowly absorbed promotes normal bowl function and deals with constipation.
- This type of fiber also helps prevent diverticulosis and diverticulitis.
- It provides relief from irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) which is also on the rise.
- Second: Fiber-rich foods are processed more slowly by the body.
- This is a great benefit if you're trying to lose weight!
- When foods process more slowly, you feel 'satisfied' or 'full' much faster than normal.
- This makes it easy to eat less at mealtime.
- Flatulence can end up being a cause of social embarrassment when there is increased passage of foul-smelling gas.
- The bad odor is attributed to the presence of skatole, indole, and sulfur compounds.
- Some people might even lose voluntary control over the passage of flatus.
Right flank pain during pregnancy can be caused due to an ectopic pregnancy. This is one common reason for flank pain episodes in women, and it can be easily detected with a pelvic ultrasound. Endometriosis is a condition in which the tissue-- similar to the lining of the uterus-- is found in the pelvic cavity. The most common symptom of endometriosis is pelvic and flank pain. Ovarian cysts, sometimes are responsible for flank pain in ladies.
- Gas that is present in the stomach usually travels through the mouth when we burp, while the intestinal tract gas is released through the rectum.
- Distressing symptoms such as pain or bloating could happen when gas remains trapped in the digestive tract.
Secondly, Signs of Irritable Bowel Syndrome can be Treated by Medications
However, there is no permanent remedy to it. You have to make dietary changes to get relief from it. Menstrual cramps can be dealt with by taking pain killers and a lot of rest. Pelvic inflammatory disease in women can be treated with the help of antibiotics. Often, if PID is detected during pregnancy, the woman may require hospitalization. Physical therapy can also help in treating pelvic pain.