Mucus in the Stool
Mucus is a slimy secretion that is produced by the mucous membranes that line the mouth, nose, sinuses, throat, lungs, and the digestive tract. The production of mucus is one of the protective mechanisms employed by our body. One of the basic functions of mucus is to lube or moisten the underlying tissues. The secretion of mucus also assists in the passage of food from the esophagus to the stomach. The bicarbonate ions and mucous which are produced by the epithelial cells of the stomach also protect the lining of the stomach from the acidic environment created by gastric juices.
Acts as a lubricant, thereby assisting in the passage of food in the digestive system, until it is excreted out. The presence of a small amount of clear mucus in stool is normal, but the amount of mucus could increase if a person is suffering from a digestive condition. Seek advice from a doctor under these circumstances, and inform him/her about the other signs that may be accompanied by increased amounts of mucus in feces.
- There are various medical conditions that can cause one to pass mucus in stool.
- Thus, it is always better to get the underlying cause diagnosed and treated at the earliest.
Ulcerative colitis is a kind of inflammatory bowel disease that is characterized by swelling of the innermost lining of the large intestine and the anus. When the inflammation is restricted to the rectum, the condition is referred to as ulcerative proctitis. The inflammation could give rise to the development of open sores or sores. At a later stage, these ulcers could bleed and the affected individual may suffer from frequent episodes of diarrhea. He/she might notice traces of blood or mucous in the stool. Other signs of this inflammatory bowel illness consist of:
Although the passage of mucus in stool is not always a cause of serious concern, consult a doctor if it has been happening on a daily basis. Besides the aforementioned medical conditions, excess mucous in stool could be due to an anal fistula (a little connection or channel that develops between the anal canal and the skin near the anus) or rectal ulcers. The development of a malignant growth in the colon could also be a contributing factor. Though the use of drugs would provide relief, ensure that you make dietary adjustments and other lifestyle changes that have been suggested by your doctor.
Inability to pass gas
Natural IBS Treatment: Natural Relief for Irritable Bowel SyndromeBavolex IBS Relief is formulated with calming botanicals developed to support and soothe the digestive system. Bavolex contains the pharma-grade quality ingredients that have been clinically developed to work for the best results. Bavolex's active ingredients have been used safely for many years to support healthy digestive tract, helping in reducing irritation from diarrhea and constipation. Now they are all combined into this special IBS formula. Minimizing bowel inflammation and supporting healthy digestion has been proven to ease the discomfort and flare-ups related to Irritable Bowel Syndrome.
Click Here to Purchase »
The term 'diverticulum' refers to an unusual sac-like structure that forms in the large intestine. It is thought that such pouches develop when the waste that is saved by the large intestine becomes hard and puts pressure on the walls of the colon. The formation of these pouches is referred to as diverticulosis. More often than not, this condition is asymptomatic. However, development of many such pouches could give rise to symptoms such as:
Diarrhea With Mucus
Get Detailed Information on Irritable Bowel Syndrome If you want to get detailed information concerning the signs screening and treatments of IBS in guys, you can contact a health clinic or health center that is closest to you and which provides these type of services. There are specialized nutrition...
- The exact cause of IBS is not known, but it is believed that it could be triggered by an acute gastrointestinal infection.
- It is thought that the signs of this condition worsen due to tension.
- IBS is classified as diarrhea-predominant, constipation-predominant, or IBS with an alternating stool pattern.
- People who suffer from IBS may also observe increased levels of mucus in stools.
- It has been observed that mucus development is higher in those with diarrhea-predominant IBS.
- The common signs of IBS include:
Natural Remedies for Ibs (Irritable Bowel Syndrome)
Irritable bowel syndrome, or IBS, is a gastrointestinal disorder caused by irritable and irregular movement of the small and large intestines. It can also be called ...
Modification in bowel practices.
This medical condition is caused by physical or practical obstruction of the bowel. The mechanical causes of bowel obstruction include tumors, adhesions, gallstones, affected stool, intussusception (when a part of the intestinal tract slides into the adjacent area) or unusual twisting of the intestinal tract. Such an obstruction stalls the transit of digested food or waste. Whatever be the cause, the condition is considered to be a medical emergency. The symptoms of this medical condition include:
- Colon spasm symptoms can greatly differ from person to person with various intensity but a few of the common symptoms always remain the same.
- They are as following.
Stomach Cramps: Stomach cramps are one of the most common reasons of colon spasms. When abdominal muscles are contracted leading to colon spasm, it can activate a severe pain in the stomach area where spasm has taken place. Such stomach pain brought on by the colon spasm is more gassy and colicky in nature. And it can all of a sudden be felt sharply at any time and may last for few seconds or minutes.
Mucus or blood in the feces.
- Inflammation of these pouches is clinically referred to as diverticulitis.
- These pouches may end up being irritated when bacteria act on the fecal matter that is trapped inside diverticula.
- The symptoms of diverticulitis include:
- Fullness and Bloating: Fullness and bloating can also be experienced by a person suffering from colon spasms.
- A person might feel that his or her clothes are tighter and may feel suffocated in them.
- The bloating and fullness can be associated with flatulence and rumbling sounds in the stomach.
- Apart from this, some people also suffer from nausea and throwing up while suffering from colon spasm.