Lower Left Abdominal Pain After Eating
Abdominal pain can be considered as one of the most common physical discomforts. Practically everyone of you must have experienced it at some point of time during your life. From babies to older people, everybody goes through periodic bouts of stomach pain. There are a number of causes why abdominal pain originates in the first place. It is primarily aggravated after eating. However, lower left abdominal pain after eating is quite unusual.
- Some anti-spasmodic drugs may help to relieve the pain of IBS, as they slow the contractions in the bowel.
- Antidepressants are also known to be effective when it comes to reducing discomfort (and also diarrhoea).
Some doctors are actually prescribing antidepressants and mood-elevating drugs such as Elavil and Prozac, believing that this will be helpful if the client's flare-ups are psychological driven. The relationship between the brain and the gut are well known and is being studied and may prove to be valid but when you study the potential side effects of these mind-altering drugs, it can be a blessing to have a natural option.
Due to the fact that of these finding scientists think they may be a link here to colon cancer prevention. As well, prebiotics might help alleviate symptoms of inflammatory bowel disease, help control weight, lower cholesterol, balance blood sugar, and speed up waste transit time.
Lactose intolerance is a condition, in which, body is incapable of producing an enzyme called lactase, which is required for the breaking down of lactose. Lactose is a milk sugar, found in all dairy products. When you experience abdominal pain after consuming dairy products, then most likely it is because of lactose intolerance.
- Abdominal cavity consists of various organs such as spleen, liver, kidneys, aorta, intestines, appendix etc.
- Abdominal discomfort can come from as a result of abnormal functioning of any of these organs.
- Nevertheless, there aren't many organs in the left lower quadrant of the abdominal cavity.
- For that reason, pain on lower left side of the abdomen is pretty rare after eating.
- There are some conditions that are known to induce this kind of pain after consuming, which are as follows:
You are going to have a large meal with a lot of fried, processed foods, you can sip lemon soda throughout your meal. Lemon soda prevents the development of gas and hence, relieves you of bloated stomach after eating. However, make it a point to sip on little portions of soda instead of gulping it down simultaneously.
- Piping hot cup of tea gives you an instant relief from all the stomach ailments.
- Herbal tea and green tea are also effective in treating gastrointestinal problems.
Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) - causes, symptoms, risk factors, treatment, pathology
What is irritable bowel syndrome (IBS)? IBS is a condition that involves recurrent abdominal pain as well as abnormal bowel motility, which can include diarrhea ...
- Mild stomach problems normally do not need medical intervention and can be treated with little changes in your diet and lifestyle.
- Together with a healthy diet, it is necessary to invest some time for exercises.
- In spite of this, if the problem persists, you may have to seek a proper medical treatment.
- This implies that either the nerves or the muscles involved in the intestinal tract activities do not work in ways they should.
- The nerves though go beyond those that are found in the digestive system.
- The spinal chord and the brain themselves are also involved.